Best Friend Picture Captions, Quotes and Ideas for Instagram
Adding captions, hashtags, and quotes to the images you post to social media has become more popular on Snapchat, Facebook, and Twitter, but it gets used most of all on Instagram. Sometimes, just sharing photos on Instagram isn’t enough. You’d like to add some clever text to intrigue your audience, capturing some extra attention (and likes).
Lots of people come up with their own quirky hashtags or captions. If you’re not feeling especially clever or wordy on a particular day, though, we’ve got some inspiration for you.
Specifically, we’ve found some ideas for captioning photos of you and your closest girl friends. (Sorry, dudes, this post is mainly for the ladies… we’ll have to write another post about ideas to caption your moments of bromance.) Chances are, if you’re not Instagramming your pet, your food, or your selfies, you’re sharing photos of your closest friends. We’ve found some perfect captions and quotes to add to those pictures of you and your bestie. Use them, edit them to fit your style, or use them to inspire your own captions and hashtags.
Some technical notes: these quotes are great to use as captions to post with your photos. If you’re going to use hashtags, those should be shorter than these quotes. Trying to fit a whole sentence into a hashtag makes it #almostimpossibletoread. Instead, choose one- or two-word hashtags instead of these longer quotes, or add a short hashtag after the quotes listed below. For example, along with a photo of you and your friend, you could add the caption, “One friend can change your whole life. #bestie”
Go ahead and check out these captions and quotes that touch on many levels of friendship. You’re sure to find one or more that speaks to you. We’ve also got some lists of captions for other occasions.
Captioning Your Best Friends
- A girl can survive without a boyfriend, but she can’t survive without a best friend.
- One friend can change your whole life.
- When it hurts to look back and you’re afraid to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
- You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you.
- She’s your best friend because she believes in you when you don’t believe in yourself.
- God made us best friends because he knew our moms couldn’t handle us as sisters.
- A good friend knows all your stories. A best friend helped you write them.
- Sometimes being with your best friend is all the therapy you need.
- When I say I won’t tell anyone, my best friend doesn’t count.
- You are my best friend because I wouldn’t dare be this weird with anyone else.
- A best friend is someone who loves you when you forget to love yourself.
- Friends come and go; so does a best friend. But a best friend will always find their way back.
- Best friends are the people in your life that make you laugh louder, smile brighter, and live better.
- Best friends are the people you can do anything and nothing with and still have the best time.
- Best friend: one million memories, ten thousand inside jokes, one hundred shared secrets.
- Best friends are people who make your problems their problems so you don’t have to go through them alone.
- A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.
- Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.
- A true friend is one soul in two bodies.
- Strangers think I’m quiet, my friends think I’m outgoing, and my best friends know that I’m completely insane.
- Every girl needs a boy best friend.
- Throughout life, you’ll find one person who is unlike any other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored. You could tell them things, and they won’t judge you. This person is your soul mate, your best friend. Don’t ever let them go.
- Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you something even more offensive.
- Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend.
- Best friends are the ones you can only be mad at for so long because you have important things to tell them.
- Everything changes and nothing stays the same, but as we grow up, one thing does remain: I was with you before and will be until the end. Nothing could ever replace my best friend.
- People say best friends are hard to find; that’s because the best one is already mine.
- The only way to have a best friend is to be one.
- Fake friends never ask for food. Best friends are the reason you have no food.
- Best friends are people you know you don’t need to talk to every single day—but when you do talk again it’s like you’d never stopped.
Looking for a Bit More Humor?
Maybe you’re thinking that our first thirty ideas are too sappy. Here are some funnier or more sarcastic captions and quotes to match you and your friends’ personalities.
- When my best friend and I first met, we were both like, “You’re really weird.”
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- We go together like drunk and disorderly.
- Having those weird conversations with your friend and thinking, If anyone heard us, we’d be in a mental hospital.
- Friends knock on the door. Best friends walk into your house and start eating.
- A good friend knows how you take your coffee. A great friend adds booze.
- We all have that one friend who never learned how to whisper.
- Finding friends with the same mental disorder: priceless!
- I hope we’re friends until we die. Then, I hope we stay ghost friends so we can walk through walls and scare the crap out of people.
- We will always be friends, until we are old and senile. Then we can be new friends.
- Just remember, if we get caught, you’re deaf and I don’t speak English.
- Friendship is finding that special someone you can enjoy being a dumbass with.
- We’ll be the old ladies causing trouble in the nursing home.
- Friends don’t let friends do silly things alone.
- You and I are more than friends. We’re like a really small gang.
- If I send you my ugly selfies, our friendship is real.
- Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, call me—I’ll laugh at you.
- Never let your friends feel lonely… disturb them all the time.
- I laughed so hard tears ran down my leg.
- You drink too much. You cuss too much. You have questionable morals. You’re everything I ever wanted in a friend.
- True friends don’t judge each other. They judge other people together.
- Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.
- Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but the true ones stick like an octopus on your face.
- You say I’m dirty-minded, but how did you understand what I meant?
- Besides chocolate, you’re my favorite.
- Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and you both just take a nap.
- I love that I don’t have to act socially acceptable around you.
- I’d take a bullet for you—not in the head, but like the leg or something.
- No one will ever be as entertained by us as us.
- If you aren’t somewhat crazy in the head, I’m afraid we can’t be friends.
Celebrating True Friends
These are the people in your life who stand by you, no matter what. Here are some more sentimental sayings to use once you know you have found a true friend.
- I appreciate the ones who are there at all times, not just when it’s convenient.
- You want to know who your true friends are? Screw up and see who’s still there.
- You know who your real friends are when you pull away from them and see who wonders why you are pulling away.
- Some talk to you in their free time and some free their time to talk to you.
- It’s not about who’s real to your face, it’s about who stays real behind your back.
- Only those who care about you can hear when you’re quiet.
- You’ll know the people who feed your soul because you’ll feel good after spending time with them.
- As we grow up, we realize it’s less important to have a ton of friends and more important to have real ones.
- Hard times will always reveal true friends.
- Real isn’t who’s with you at your celebration; real is who’s standing next to you at rock bottom.
- The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.
- You should never have to think twice about who your real friends are.
- Fake friends believe in rumors; real friends believe in you.
- If someone seriously wants to be part of your life, they will make an effort to be in it. No reasons. No excuses.
- I’m not going to tell you to get over it. I’m going to help you get through it.
- The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S Fight for you. Respect you. Include you. Encourage you. Need you. Deserve you. Stand by you.
- A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
- Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest; it’s about who walked into your life and said, “I’m here for you,” and proved it.
- There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t jump puddles for you.
- I don’t have time for part-time people in my life.
- Friends: can I come over? Real friends: I’m coming over.
- Lots of people misunderstand this word “Friend;” it’s a person who actually cares about you, not the things you’ve got or the things you can do for them.
- They are not your friends until they have defended you in your absence.
- The one who doesn’t tell you what you want to hear but tells you what you need to hear… keep that.
- A real friend is like an angel who warms you by her presence and remembers you in her prayers.
- Be with those who bring out the best in you, not the stress in you.
- A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you, even when you are fooling everyone else.
- Friends don’t leave their friends for other friends.
- Real friends tell you the ugly truth, not pretty lies.
- Side by side or miles apart, real friends are always close to the heart.
- Don’t lie to people who trust you and don’t trust people who lie to you. Simple as that.
- Friends pick us up when we fall down, and if they can’t pick us up they lie down and listen for awhile.
- Real friends get treated like family.
- It’s the friends you can call at 4 a.m. that matter.
- True friendship is not about being inseparable—it is being separated and finding nothing changes.
- A friend is one who listens, doesn’t judge, and somehow makes everything all right.
- Only trust someone who can see these three things: the sorrow behind your smile, the love behind your anger, and the reason behind your silence.
- Time and good friends are two things that become more valuable the older you get.
- Good friends show their love in times of trouble, not just in times of happiness.
- Friendship isn’t a big thing, it’s a million little things.
So that’s it—101 ideas to caption your photos of you and your friends on Instagram (or any other social media you choose). We hope this list is a useful resource for you when you’re at a loss for words, or that it can spark some quotes and captions of your own! Be creative and bring your own personality and style to your photo captions!