Funny Instagram Captions and Quotes – Make Your Friends Laugh!
Instagram has become a spectacularly successful app and site based on the passion people have for taking and sharing photos of themselves and their world. Instagram has a huge variety of content; some people focus on providing high-quality, even artistic, images of the world around us, while other people post pictures of themselves doing keg stands. Deep or superficial, serious or hilarious, those Instagram snaps are a window on the life experiences of all the people using the site. There’s no better app for sharing laughable moments and serious ones, funny and sad, truly encompassing the entire variety of the human experience. And of course, whether it’s a crazy picture of you and a friend, a funny selfie, or an amusing photo of you and your significant other, you want to find the right words to go with your image.
Some Instagram photos might not need a caption to get the message or meaning across—a picture, after all, is worth 1,000 words. But sometimes the only way to spell out the true meaning of a more-abstract image is to caption the photo, and that’s where we come in. Whether your joke needs a bit of context to get the point across, a dash of ingenuity, or just a bit of linguistic je ne sais quoi, we’ve got you covered. No matter whether you’re looking to post weird selfies, funny group shots of your friends, or anything else under the sun, here’s some ideas for captioning a funny moment.
Funny Instagram Captions for Selfies
You’ve taken the perfect selfie—now all you need are some words or phrases to describe the image. Whether you’ve spent too much time with your camera and Instagram filters, or you just took a few shots this week while you were looking particularly hot, you’ll want to throw those images up on Instagram as soon as you can. Maybe you’re worried that your friends won’t think your photo is actually funny or cute, and you want to up the ante. In that case, you’ll need a funny quote or saying to seal the deal. If you aren’t sure what to write, or you’re having a bit of writer’s block, here are some of our favorite ideas:
- My mobile camera isn’t working well. Or I might look like an angel.
- Selfie of a storm, beware.
- I feel I am the undiscovered supermodel.
- Man on fire.
- Kinda classy, kinda hood.
- May your coffee be hot and your eyeliner even.
- I like long romantic walks down every aisle at Target.
- I spend a lot of time holding the refrigerator door open, looking for answers. Also food.
- Confidence level: Kanye West.
- Who needs self-awareness when I can make you aware of me instead?
- Only dead fish go with the flow.
- …Moonwalks out of awkward situation.
- Even I don’t believe myself when I say I’ll be ready in five minutes.
- Reality called, so I hung up.
- I don’t sweat—I sparkle.
- Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
- My prince is not coming on a white horse… he’s obviously riding a turtle somewhere, really confused.
- It’s too “a.m.” for me.
- I’m worried that no one will ever make me as happy as tacos do.
- Namast’ay in bed.
- It’s okay to be a glow stick; sometimes we need to break before we shine.
- I like big cups and I cannot lie.
- I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that you wear too much black.
- How I feel when there is no coffee? Depresso.
- Out of the way, world. I’ve got my sassy pants on today.
- I have a clean conscience. I haven’t used it once until now.
- I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well, it’s more of a wrap.
- This may be the wine talking, but I really like wine.
- Instagram is just Twitter for people who go outside.
- When people say they love the smell of books I always want to ask them if they understand how reading works.
- You’ll never be as lazy as the person who named the fireplace.
- I don’t want to take down my Christmas lights so I’m turning my house into a restaurant.
- I’m tired of going to two different huts to get pizza and sunglasses!
- They say cooking is easy, but it’s not as easy as not cooking.
- Just because I can’t dance doesn’t mean I shouldn’t dance.
- There is no “i” in “denial”.
- How long has nostalgia been around?
- I work out religiously – once at Christmas and then again at Easter.
- Sometimes I give my dog a performance review, just to remind him who’s in charge.
- Just did some serious cleaning in here. You could eat off this table.
- I can remember a time when I knew more than my phone did.
- I’m on the paleo diet. I’m the caveman who discovered Snickers bars.
- I invented a new word: “Plagiarism”
- Haircuts are wonderful. I did none of the work but I get all of the compliments.
- I put my root beer in a square glass. Now it’s just beer.
Funny Instagram Captions and Quotes for Groups, Friends, and Family
So you’ve got the selfie captions out of the way, but what about when you’re hanging with your family, friends, or your pals from work and you grab a group shot? No one else will ever truly understand the vibe at that specific moment more than you do—hence the term, “I guess you had to be there.” But the right quote or caption can bring your followers in on the sense of humor, filling them in on whatever made your life so funny at that time. Bring back that feeling of “laugh ’til you cry,” “laugh ’til your stomach hurts,” or “laugh ’til you pee your pants,” as needed by using one of these captions or quotes on the next photo of your crazy friends that you post to Instagram. That way, you can give a bit more insight into the kooky tribe you’ve built for yourself. Here’s the list:
- Nobody really likes us but us.
- I like you because you join in on my weirdness.
- Find your tribe; love them hard.
- Putting the “we” in “weird.”
- No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.
- Let’s do some “We shouldn’t be doing this” things.
- You laugh. I laugh. You cry. I cry. You jump off a really tall cliff. I yell, “Do a flip!”
- Let’s share a bottle of wine and regrettable selfies.
- If you surround yourself with clowns, don’t be surprised if your life resembles a circus.
- Me and my friends start trends.
- Remember, as far as anyone knows we are a nice, normal family.
- We are all born crazy. Some of us remain that way.
- I only roll with goddesses.
- Mess with me, I’ll let karma do its job. Mess with my family? I become karma.
- We are going to be really cool old ladies.
- I can’t adult today. Please don’t make me adult.
- People are like Oreos. The good stuff is on the inside.
- It’s been one blur of fun.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Right back on my worst behavior.
- Fun fact: Positive vibes can also be used as a Debbie Downer repellent.
- I hope you dance like no one’s watching, because they’re not—they’re taking selfies.
- I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving.
- Don’t worry about what I’m doing. Worry about why you’re worried about what I’m doing.
- Love the people you can be weird with.
- A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- My friends and I laugh about how competitive we are, but I laugh the most.
- My mom and dad didn’t want to move to Florida but they turned 60 and that’s the rule.
- The dinner I was cooking for my family was going to be a surprise, but the fire trucks ruined it.
- Be nice to your kids. They’re the ones who get to choose your nursing home.
- Becoming a parent is pretty easy. Being one isn’t always.
- Remember, kids: if you want a puppy, beg your parents for a baby brother or sister.
- Parenting is easy once you learn the secret. Please, somebody, tell me the secret!
So, there it is. Another great list for Instagram selfie captions and quotes. Whether you’re a lone wolf or you’ve found your pack, you’ll be sure to find one or many choices for whatever sentiment the situation requires. These lists are great for funny photos, lighthearted and celebratory times with friends, and sassy and silly selfies. Leave the deep, sentimental, or really serious captions for your other posts. (You can see our other articles right here on Tech Junkie for ideas for Instagram captions and quotes that are more on the sappy or romantic side of things, if that’s more your speed).
What are your favorite funny or lighthearted Instagram post captions that you have shared? Leave your best ones in the comments for us—bonus points if it makes us laugh!