Funny Instagram Captions and Quotes – Make Your Friends Laugh!
One of the best things about Instagram is that it gives you a great excuse to take and post ridiculous pictures. Whether it’s a crazy picture of you and your friend, a funny selfie, or an amusing photo of you and your significant other, Instagram is great for sharing those laughable moments. You can look back on these moments and laugh later—while your friends can look at them and laugh now.
Some Instagram pictures don’t need a caption—they’ll make you literally LOL, no explanation needed. For other photos, you may be looking for the perfect words to describe an amusing situation or expression. Some jokes need a little context, a dash of clever description, on just a little linguistic je ne sais quoi (which is French for “idk wut?”). Whether you’re posting weird selfies or funny group shots with your friends, here are some ideas for captioning a funny moment.
Funny Instagram Captions for Selfies
Looking for the right words to describe your selfie? Maybe you’ve spent too much time with your camera and the Instagram filters, and it’s time to complete the picture with a funny caption or two so you can post those gems. Maybe you don’t think your friends will think your photo is actually that funny, so you want to up the ante—you need a funny quote or saying, but you just don’t know what to write. Here are some ideas:
- My mobile camera isn’t working well. Or I might look like an angel.
- Selfie of a storm, beware.
- I feel I am the undiscovered supermodel.
- Man on fire.
- Kinda classy, kinda hood.
- May your coffee be hot and your eyeliner even.
- I like long romantic walks down every aisle at Target.
- I spend a lot of time holding the refrigerator door open, looking for answers.
- Confidence level: Kanye West.
- Only dead fish go with the flow.
- …Moonwalks out of awkward situation.
- Even I don’t believe myself when I say I’ll be ready in five minutes.
- Reality called, so I hung up.
- I don’t sweat, I sparkle.
- Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
- My prince is not coming on a white horse… he’s obviously riding a turtle somewhere, really confused.
- It’s “too” a.m. for me.
- I’m worried that no one will ever make me as happy as tacos do.
- Namast’ay in bed.
- It’s okay to be a glow stick; sometimes we need to break before we shine.
- I like big cups and I cannot lie.
- I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.
- Don’t let anyone tell you that you wear too much black.
- How I feel when there is no coffee? Depresso.
- Out of the way, world. I’ve got my sassy pants on today.
Funny Instagram Captions and Quotes for Groups, Friends, and Family
When you’re hanging out with your family, friends, or a bunch of buddies, no one else will ever really understand the vibe at the moment more than you do. Hence the term, “I guess you had to be there.” But the right quote can bring your audience in on the tone of… whatever made that thing so funny at the time. Bring back that feeling of of “laugh ’til you cry,” “laugh ’til your stomach hurts,” or “laugh ’til you pee your pants” as needed by using one of these captions or quotes on the next crazy friend photo that you post to Instagram, and give people a little more insight into the kooky tribe you have.
- Nobody really likes us but us.
- I like you because you join in on my weirdness.
- Find your tribe; love them hard.
- No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.
- Let’s do some “We shouldn’t be doing this” things.
- You laugh. I laugh. You cry. I cry. You jump off a really tall cliff. I yell, “Do a flip!”
- Let’s share a bottle of wine and regrettable selfies.
- If you surround yourself with clowns, don’t be surprised if your life resembles a circus.
- Me and my friends start trends.
- Remember, as far as anyone knows we are a nice, normal family.
- We are all born crazy. Some of us remain that way.
- I only roll with goddesses.
- Mess with me, I’ll let karma do its job. Mess with my family? I become karma.
- We are going to be really cool old ladies.
- I can’t adult today. Please don’t make me adult.
- People are like Oreos. The good stuff is on the inside.
- It’s been one blur of fun.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Right back on my worst behavior.
- Fun fact: Positive vibes can also be used as a Debbie Downer repellent.
- I hope you dance like no one is watching, because they’re not—they’re taking selfies.
- I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving.
- Don’t worry about what I’m doing. Worry about why you’re worried about what I’m doing.
- Love the people you can be weird with.
- A day without laughter is a day wasted.
So, there it is. Another great list for Instagram selfie captions and quotes. Whether you’re a lone wolf or you’ve found your pack, you’ll be sure to find one or many choices for whatever sentiment the situation requires. The above lists are great for funny photos, lighthearted and celebratory times with friends, and sassy and silly selfies. Leave the deep, sentimental, or really serious captions for your other posts. (See our other articles right here on Tech Junkie for ideas for Instagram captions and quotes that are more on the sappy or romantic side of things, if that’s more your speed).
What are your favorite funny or lighthearted Instagram post captions that you have shared? Leave your best ones in the comments for us—bonus points if it makes us laugh!