Lost Love Quotes to Caption for Instagram or Facebook
Do we plan to fall in love with someone deliberately? Obviously, it happens spontaneously and may last for the rest of your life or you may split up somewhere along your relationship. It’s said that everything happens for a reason, but this pain of a broken heart makes you feel completely confused and frustrated. Each of us has a sad love story, so don’t think that you are alone.
Of course, time is the best remedy, however, our quotations about lost love will help you to heal the wounds. The love and loss quotes are painful enough but at the same time, it’s what you really need now to cope with a situation and not give up. Here you will come across a great variety of inspirational ideas, which even include famous quotes on lost love. They teach everyone to never lose hope in the moments of desperation because one day you will definitely find love again.
Famous Quotes about Lost Love
Losing the love of your life is always extremely painful. This disastrous feeling is impossible to describe and only time may bring you some relief. You lose interest in everything and can’t imagine how to live without your loved one. If you are feeling down and seeking solace, consider these famous quotes about lost love in this list below.
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
- “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “I don’t think, until you’ve actually lost somebody you really love, that you can go through that door that allows you to be grown-up.” – Felicity Kendal
- “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.” – Anais Nin
- “Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.” – Dylan Thomas
- “Who knows how long I’ve loved you, you know I love you still. Will I wait a lonely lifetime? If you want me to I will.” – The Beatles
- “In love, unlike most other passions, the recollection of what you have had and lost is always better than what you can hope for in the future.” – Stendhal
- “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.”– Washington Irving
- “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?” – Shannon L. Alder
- “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken — and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
Long Quotes about Lost Love for Him
When you spend almost all your time with one person and then your relationship ends, it’s going to hurt a great deal. Love can be lost in different ways, but the most important task is to find reasons and goals for moving on, despite a huge pain inside. Here are a few long but true love lost quotes for him with a deep message.
- “I wonder if there will be a morning when you’ll wake up missing me. That some incident in your life, would have finally taught you the value of my worth. And you will feel a surge of longing, when you remember how I was good to you.
- When this day comes I hope you will look for me. I hope you will look with the kind of conviction I’d always hoped for, but never had from you. Because I want to be found. And I hope it will be you – who finds me.” – Lang Leav
- “This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time when I can eventually let you go.”– Nicholas Sparks
- “And I keep saying I miss who I was when I was with him. Why did it have to end? Well maybe this person crossed your path to show that deep down, this part of who you felt you were with him is in you, always was, always will be and that maybe that person you were, is the best version of yourself that you could be.” – Amira – Fadil
- “Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now.” – Nina Guilbeau
- “Your voice has haunted every inch of my soul since the last time I heard it…my world had been so dark, void of sound and then I heard you sing again—and it exploded. Everything came crashing down on me that I’d been holding in, and then I was just a mess. But I wasn’t suffering in silence anymore. I was suffering from the impenetrable sound of your voice on repeat in my head.” – Cassandra Giovanni
- “Losing you left a bitter taste in my mouth. But whenever I try to wash the taste away, the lingering sweetness of our time together keeps me from doing it. I would endure every bitter taste if only to taste bits and pieces of the sweetness that once overwhelmed me.”
- “I knew that losing you would bring me nothing but devastation. Despite this, I took the risk and welcomed you in my life, hoping that the sweetness of our time together would make up for all the pain your loss would someday bring.”
- “Excuses will always be made, and blame will always fall on the other. Though the truth is before you, your own love will forever blind you from it. I will not lose you just to prove a point, nor to shatter your heart with the reality before you. Instead I will smile. I will live. I will accept that it just is. I do not do this for them, but I will do it for you. I will do it because I love you.” – from an untitled script” – Faye Hall
Lost Love Quotes and Sayings for Her
Men usually seem strong and confident, but we all become defenseless when we deal with love. When your loved one leaves you, the heartbreak can be so devastating that it seems that you can’t breathe. In order to release the pain inside you, try these emotional quotes and sayings about lost love for her. They work as a perfect balm on an aching heart!
- “Is love supposed to last throughout all time, or is it like trains changing at random stops? If I loved her, how could I leave her?” – Jeff Melvoin
- “Lost love is like watching a beautiful sunset on the beach disappear and the night never turns to day. You take for granted the time you had and you dream of the sun rising again.” – Eric Knellinger
- “Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “I’ve always wondered what losing a limb would feel like. I stopped wondering the moment you left me for good.”
- “I’ve finally experienced what the poet felt. The deep sense of loss after you’ve met the woman you love, have made love, then said goodbye. Like you’re suffocating. The same emotion hasn’t changed at all in a thousand years.” – Haruki Murakami
- “I will wait for you till the day I can forget you or till the day you realize you cannot forget me.” – Herryicm
- “You shattered the remainder of my heart, yet you expect me to be okay with it day after day.” – Ahmed Mostafa
- “You were the light in my life- the sun, the star, the everlasting luminance. Now all I’m left with is darkness, the specks of light here and there to remind me of what I once had but lost.”
Sad Quotes about Losing Love
It’s impossible to predict whether your love will be everlasting or timeless. If your relationship has ended, the hardest thing is to cope with a broken heart. Still, heartaches are something we all have to go through and these sad quotes about losing love will help to get over this awful pain. We are happy to share sincere quotations with you!
- “What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.”
- “I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.”– Alyson Noel
- “The grief of losing someone is like the air. No matter how hard you try to keep yourself from breathing, you must accept that you cannot go on without it.”
- “When you love someone, and you’ve lost that one, then nothing really matters.”– Agnetha Faltskog
- “Love is the most beautiful thing to have, hardest thing to earn and most painful thing to lose.”
- “Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
- “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” – Rob Liano
- “You realize how much you love someone once that someone is gone… gone forever, and you are filled with regret and sadness.” – Ama H. Vanniarachchy
- “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.” – Samuel Butler
Striking Love and Loss Quotes
Are you trying to overcome a bad breakup? It’s not a secret that love is not always a garden of roses, it can hurtful. You may feel that your heart is smashed into a thousand pieces, but it’s temporary, believe us! If you need some support during the breaking up, these quotes on love lost will work well for it.
- “One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it’s guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayal. Change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go.”
- “The reverse side of love is unbearable loss.” – Susan Abulhawa
- “Love does nothing but make you weak! It turns you into an object of pity and derision–a mewling pathetic creature no more fit to live than a worm squirming on the pavement after a hard summer rain.” – Teresa Medeiros
- “The love of a half dead heart will keep you half alive” – Munia Khan
- “When you run out of love, it’s really hard to understand whether you have lost your heart or your heart has lost you…”– Munia Khan
- “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.”– Ernest Hemingway
- “When you lose somebody you love, you never get over it, you get used to it.”
- “If you love someone and they vanish, you are left nodding like a zombie and throwing teacups at a wall.” – Corey Ann Haydu
- “You lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.”
- “Love is like a puzzle. When you’re in love, all the pieces fit but when your heart gets broken, it takes a while to get everything back together.”