112 Instagram Captions for the Zoo
The zoo is a popular destination for families, singles looking for a wild-side adventure, and especially for first dates. Those great experiences usually come with a lot of picture-taking – everyone wants a selfie with a lion or an elephant in the background! The zoo is a good place to go be out of doors with friends and family, and taking pictures of the animals is always fun. When you share those photos with your Instagram followers, you’re going to want to add a clever, on-point, or sagacious caption to entertain and interest the people seeing your snaps. If you’re not sure where to start, not to worry – we’ve got a whole menagerie of suggested captions for you to try!
Start With the Basics
If you’re looking for something catchy and creative, the following captions just might be the ticket.
- A Day Among The Animals
- A Wild And Crazy Place
- All Creatures Great And Small
- Come On A Safari With Me
- Don’t Feed The Animals
- Going Wild
- It’s A Jungle Out There
- Safari Hunt
- Oh, the huManatee!
- So What Are You In For?
- Suburban Safari
- Urban Safari
- This Place Is A Zoo
- Walk On The Wild Side
- It’s UnBEARable!
- Watch Out Zoo, Here We Come
- What A Zoo!
- Let’s Get Wild!
- Zoo: An excellent place to study the habits of human beings.
- Every Zoo is a Petting Zoo if You’re Brave Enough.
- Are We Watching Them or Are They Watching Us?
- The Facts of Animal Life
- Who Knew There’s So Much To Do at the Zoo
Try Getting Specific
Have a particular furry (or scaly) friend in mind? Try to work that into your caption.
- Here, kitty, kitty, kitty
- Horsin’ Around
- I’m Going Ape!
- Monkey See Monkey Do
- Monkeying Around
- A Trunk Full of Fun
- A Long Came a Giraffe
- I’m Getting Butterflies!
- This Dingo Got My Baby
- Just Another Internet Cat.
Try Something Punny
For those who are feeling especially silly, a pun might be the best bet.
- A “Zoo”per Day
A Zoo-tiful Day
- Everybody’s Zooing It
- No Lion, The Zoo Was Grrreat!
- Our Trip Was ZOO-pendous!
- Zippitty “Zoo” Da
- Welcome to Zoorassic Park
- Your opinion is IrrELEPHANT
- Grin and “Bear” it!
- Please, Hold Your Appaws
- Here’s Looking at Zoo
- Don’t Listen to Him; He’s Lion.
- All This Fun is Making My Voice Horse
- These Animals are so Cute it’s Un-bear-able
- So much fun it should be Ill-EAGLE
- Giraffing Me Crazy!
- Owl be home soon
- What are Your Koalafictions?
- How Emusing!
- Awww, Get Otter Here!
All About Alliteration
Something simple and poetic might pair nicely with the photo of you and the monkey sitting on his friend.
- Critter Country
- Zany Zooventure
- Furry Fiesta
- Snake City
- Monkey Mania
- Super Safari
- Beautiful Beasts
- Grumpy Gorillas
- Chilling with Chinchillas
- Peacock Party
- Hanging with Hippos
- Frog Fiesta
- Leaping Lizards
Combine your love of the zoo with your love of music, movies, and literature.
- Animal House
- Doctor Dolittle
- Welcome To The Jungle
- Where The Wild Things Are
- Born To Be Wild
- Call Of The Wild
- You Make My Heart Sing
- Lions and Tiger and Bears- OH MY!
- Pride Rock
- I got the moves like Jaguar.
Fill In The Blank…
The following captions give you a little room to fill in the animal of your choice.
- I’m Wild About…
- Me and… down by the zoo yard.
- My spirit animal is a…
- My milkshake brings all the… to the yard.
Want a caption that’s a little more highbrow to impress your followers with your literary sense and sensibility? Try some of these animal quotes to express your animal spirits.
- “You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” – James Beverly
- “Animals don’t hate, and we’re supposed to be better than them.” – Elvis Presley
- “Animals are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
- “You can judge a man’s true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.” – Paul McCartney
- “Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” – Gregory Maguire
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
- “The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Intelligence is the capacity to know what we are doing and instinct is just instinct. The results are about the same.” – Will Cuppy
- “Besides love and sympathy, animals exhibit other qualities connected with the social instincts which in us would be called moral.” – Charles Darwin
- “We humans may be brilliant and we may be special, but we are still connected to the rest of life.” – Patricia MacConnell
- “Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.” – Irene Pepperberg
- “To be able to laugh and to be merciful are the only things that make man better than the beast” – Ruskin Bond
- “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” – Colette
- “A few alligators are naturally of the vicious type and inclined to resent it when you prod them with a stick. You can find out which ones these are by prodding them.” – Will Cuppy
- “Only someone who’d never been an animal would put up a sign saying not to feed them.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
- “I think he just loved being with the bears because…they just let him be who he was.” – Michael Thomas Ford
- “There is no folly of the beasts of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men.” – Herman Melville
- “The wild things of this earth are not ours to do with as we please. They have been given to us in trust, and we must account for them to the generation which will come after us and audit our accounts.” – William T. Hornaday
- “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” – A.A. Milne
- “People who really appreciated animals always asked their names.” – Lilian Jackson Braun
- “If ever you feel like an animal among men, be a lion.” – Criss Jami
- “Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” – Gary Kowalski
- “And the fox said to the little prince: men have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
- “Animals don’t lie. Animals don’t criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do.” – Betty White
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France
- “They are all beasts of burden in a sense, made to carry some portion of our thoughts.” – Thoreau
- “Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled.” – Fyodor Dostoyevski
Now you’ll know exactly what to say when sharing that photo of you and your Alpaca pal. Thanks to some catchy captions, your zoo adventure will go down in the annals of Instagram history as a, dare we say, “zoorific.”