134 Instagram Captions for the Zoo
There’s only one destination that has it all: a wild side, a mild side, some major laughs, and a lot of learning. Where is this magical place? The zoo, of course! Tourists and locals alike flock to the zoo to learn more about their favorite wild creatures, to support conservation efforts, to get some exercise in the fresh air, and of course, to take plenty of pictures. Who doesn’t want to flood Instagram with lions and elephants?
The zoo is a good place spend some time outside with friends and family, and taking pictures of the animals is always fun. When you share those photos with your Instagram followers, you’re going to want to add a caption that is just as educational and entertaining as the zoo itself. The whole idea is to bring the experience of the zoo to your followers! If you’re not sure where to start, not to worry – we’ve got a whole menagerie of suggested captions for you to try!
Start With the Basics
If you’re looking for something catchy to get you started, the following captions just might be the ticket. These captions make great titles for a multi-slide album. Follow up the caption with a description of who was there, what you saw, and some interesting facts about the animals you captured in the shots (especially the human animals)!
- A Day Among The Animals
- A Wild And Crazy Place
- All Creatures Great And Small
- Come On A Safari With Me
- Don’t Feed The Animals
- Going Wild
- It’s A Jungle Out There
- Safari Hunt
- Oh, the huge Manatee!
- So What Are You In For? Being too wild?
- Suburban Safari
- Urban Safari
- This Place Is A Zoo
- Walk On The Wild Side
- It’s UnBEARable!
- Watch Out Zoo, Here We Come
- What A Zoo!
- Let’s Get Wild!
- The Zoo: An excellent place to study the habits of human beings.
- Every Zoo is a Petting Zoo if You’re Brave Enough.
- Are We Watching Them or Are They Watching Us?
- The Facts of Animal Life
- Who Knew There’s So Much To Do at the Zoo
Try Getting Specific
Have a particular furry (or scaly) friend in mind? Try to work that into your caption, too. A little witty banter with a wild critter never hurt anyone, right?
- Here, kitty, kitty, kitty
- Horsin’ Around
- I’m Going Ape!
- Monkey See Monkey Do
- Monkeying Around
- A Trunk Full of Fun
- A Long Came a Giraffe
- I’m Getting Butterflies!
- This Dingo Got My Baby
- Just Another Internet Cat.
Try Something Punny
For those who are feeling especially silly, a pun might be the best bet. With the rise in Dad Jokes in social media, a nice groan-worthy pun is an excellent way to start off your zoo day post.
- A “Zoo”per Day
- A Zoo-tiful Day
- Everybody’s Zooing It
- No Lion, The Zoo Was Grrreat!
- Our Trip Was ZOO-pendous!
- Zippitty “Zoo” Da
- Welcome to Zoorassic Park
- Your opinion is IrrELEPHANT
- Grin and “Bear” it!
- Please, Hold Your Appaws
- Here’s Looking at Zoo
- Don’t Listen to Him; He’s Lion.
- All This Fun is Making My Voice a Little Horse
- These Animals are so Cute it’s Un-bear-able
- So much fun it should be Ill-EAGLE
- Giraffing Me Crazy!
- Owl Hafta Make Another Trip to the Zoo
- What are Your Koalafictions?
- How Emusing!
- Awww, Get Otter Here!
All About Alliteration
Alliteration is a literary device in which a consonant sound is repeated. It sounds catchy, which is why it works so very well for getting the attention of readers and followers! Just a little alliteration might be a great way to caption your animal closeups, letting the majesty of these Beautiful Beasts speak for itself!
- Critter Country
- Zany Zooventure
- Furry Fiesta
- Snake City
- Monkey Mania
- Super Safari
- Grumpy Gorillas
- Chilling with Chinchillas
- Peacock Party
- Hanging with Hippos
- Frog Fiesta
- Leaping Lizards
Combine your love of the zoo with your love of music, movies, and literature. Plenty of people love learning about animals, and plenty of people love a good reference to popular culture. These captions tie in with some of your favorites.
- Animal House
- Doctor Dolittle
- Welcome To The Jungle
- Where The Wild Things Are
- Born To Be Wild
- Call Of The Wild
- Wild Thing: You Make My Heart Sing
- Lions and Tiger and Bears- OH MY!
- Pride Rock
- I got the moves like Jaguar.
- Pet Sounds
Fill In The Blank…
The following captions give you a little room to fill in the animal of your choice… humans included, of course.
- I’m Wild About…
- Me and… down by the zoo yard.
- My spirit animal is a…
- My milkshake brings all the… to the yard.
Want a caption that’s a little more highbrow to impress your followers with your literary ‘sense and sensibility?’ Try some of these animal quotes to express your domesticated spirit.
- “You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” – James Beverly
- “Animals don’t hate, and we’re supposed to be better than them.” – Elvis Presley
- “Animals are such agreeable friends―they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
- “You can judge a man’s true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.” – Paul McCartney
- “Animals are born who they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do.” – Gregory Maguire
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
- “The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Intelligence is the capacity to know what we are doing and instinct is just instinct. The results are about the same.” – Will Cuppy
- “Besides love and sympathy, animals exhibit other qualities connected with the social instincts which in us would be called moral.” – Charles Darwin
- “We humans may be brilliant and we may be special, but we are still connected to the rest of life.” – Patricia MacConnell
- “Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.” – Irene Pepperberg
- “To be able to laugh and to be merciful are the only things that make man better than the beast” – Ruskin Bond
- “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” – Colette
- “A few alligators are naturally of the vicious type and inclined to resent it when you prod them with a stick. You can find out which ones these are by prodding them.” – Will Cuppy
- “Only someone who’d never been an animal would put up a sign saying not to feed them.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
- “I think he just loved being with the bears because…they just let him be who he was.” – Michael Thomas Ford
- “There is no folly of the beasts of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men.” – Herman Melville
- “The wild things of this earth are not ours to do with as we please. They have been given to us in trust, and we must account for them to the generation which will come after us and audit our accounts.” – William T. Hornaday
- “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” – A.A. Milne
- “People who really appreciated animals always asked their names.” – Lilian Jackson Braun
- “If ever you feel like an animal among men, be a lion.” – Criss Jami
- “Animals, like us, are living souls. They are not things. They are not objects. Neither are they human. Yet they mourn. They love. They dance. They suffer. They know the peaks and chasms of being.” – Gary Kowalski
- “And the fox said to the little prince: men have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
- “Animals don’t lie. Animals don’t criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do.” – Betty White
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France
- “They are all beasts of burden in a sense, made to carry some portion of our thoughts.” – Thoreau
- “Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled.” – Fyodor Dostoyevski
Zoo Quotes for You
- “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” — George Orwell
- “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” — John Muir
- “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” — Winston S. Churchill
- “We humans are more complicated than animals, and we love through the imagination.” — George Moore
- “Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.” — Veronica Roth
- “Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.” — Mark Twain
- “There’s nothing more embarrassing than to have earned the disfavor of a perceptive animal.” — Michael Chabon
- “The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men.” — Alice Walker
- “Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness.” — A.A. Milne
- “He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” — Immanuel Kant
- “Four legs good, two legs bad.” — George Orwell
- “Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
- “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “‘You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place.’ ‘That’s why animals are so soft and huggy.’ — Bill Watterson
- “Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.” — Mark Twain
- “I think we cry to release the animal parts of us without losing our humanity.” — Veronica Roth
- “The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” — Willie Nelson
- “It is hard to be brave, when you’re only a Very Small Animal.” — A.A. Milne
- “Man is the only animal for whom his own existence is a problem which he has to solve.” — Erich Fromm
- “Never call anyone a baboon unless you are sure of your facts.” — Will Cuppy
- “animals never worry about Heaven or Hell. neither do I. maybe that’s why we get along.” — Charles Bukowski
Now you’ll know exactly what to say when sharing that photo of you and your Alpaca pal. Thanks to some catchy captions, your zoo adventure will go down in the annals of Instagram history as a, dare we say, “zoorific.”
Looking for more Instagram caption ideas?
Check out this list of funny Instagram captions.
We’ve got a great list of cat captions for Instagram.
Here’s our list of captions for beautiful sunsets.
We’ve got captions for waterfalls!
And of course we have captions for a beautiful happy Sunday!
Visiting the Mouse? Here are our captions for Disney World!
Big Island fans will want to see our captions for Hawaii!
On the water? Check out our captions for rivers!