How To Add Your Own Music to a Tik Tok Video
Tik Tok is the most popular app for creating fun and interesting videos in the world. You can express how you feel by using one of many different effects, but did you know that you can also add your favorite music to your video? This article will show you how to do that, as well as some other cool things to make your video unique.
How to Add Your Music to a Video
Adding your music to a Tik Tok video is very easy, and you can learn how to do it in no time. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Click on the “Upload” button to add the video you want to use.
- Tap the “Add Sound” option, and you will see the Sound page. You can find all the available sounds and songs that Tik Tok has to offer.
- Look for the option that says, “My Sound.” It is at the top right corner of the Sound page.
- Tap it, and you will see all songs you have stored on your phone. Select the song you want to add to your video.
- Select the “Record” button to start filming the video. When you’re finished, add the effects and filters you want. You can also slow down or speed up the video.
You have to put in a lot of work into each video if you want to become famous on Tik Tok. It will take some time before you master all effects and features you might need to record the perfect video. That means that you have to add the right music to cancel background noises and make the video fun to watch. We have a few more ideas on how to make the music in your video just right.
Fine-Tune the Background Music
You have to add the right track to your video to make it stand out and get rid of annoying background noises. You can post a video without a track, but it’s highly unlikely that it will draw much attention. Put some effort in, and it will come back to you.
Getting rid of background noises is super-easy because Tik Tok comes with a built-in feature for that. You can either lower the noises or mute them entirely. Tap on the Mixer icon when you are done recording and drag the “Original Sound” slider all the way to the left. Replace the original sound with your Soundtrack and drag the slider to the right.
Trim the Song to Make It Fit
Sometimes you might need a specific part of a song to add to your Tik Tok video. If the said part is in the middle of the song, you’ll have to find it and cut it out. Trimming audio files can help you make a bigger impact on your viewers, and here is how you do that.
- Go to the “Add Sound” page and select the “Trim” icon, right next to the “Mixer” icon.
- Drag the “Trim” icon to the start point and adjust the length of the audio clip. The part of the track you wanted will show up in blue. Hit “Done” when you trim the song.
Add Trendy Music to Your Videos
You can add popular music to your video right from the app because Tik Tok has a unique option called “Trending” within the “Music” tab. Click on it, and you will see the entire collection of popular songs you can use for your video. You can save all popular songs to “My Favorites” and use them in future videos.
Discover New Music
Sure, using songs you know in your videos is a good starting point, but Tik Tok can help you find new music you may like. The “Discover” tab can guide you to completely new genres and artists you didn’t even know existed. You can find the tab by tapping “Add a sound” and then tapping the “Discover a Sound” button.
Borrow the Music from Someone Else
Tik Tok makes it possible to add other people’s music to your video with a few taps. You can add any audio to your new video by tapping on the “Album” art at the bottom right corner. You will see all users that used that particular track in their videos. Hit the “Record” button and make the video you want. Save it and add extra effects using video editing apps, to make it stand out.
Master Tik Tok in No Time
Tik Tok is one of those apps that allow you to express your creativity without limits. You can use many effects and features to come up with some cool lip sync videos, or you can add dramatic music to complete the scene. With a little practice, you might become the next Tik Tok star.