How to Add Snapchat Moving Emoji Stickers to Videos
Snapchat is a fun iOS and Android app that takes texting and chatting to a completely new level. You probably already know you can add all kinds of emoji, stickers, and even gifs to your snaps. If you are a regular Snapchat user, you probably use these daily.
But even some regular users don’t know that they can add moving emoji stickers to their videos. Gifs are also relatively new and some Snapchatters haven’t yet caught up with them yet. So, this article is going to explain how to add these moving emoji stickers to your snaps.
What Are Snapchat Moving Emoji?
Nearly everyone has incorporated emoji into their texting habits. They help with expressing various emotions and they make our texts more colorful and fun. When you send a text without any emoji, the person you are talking to might even assume that you are upset with them or that something is wrong.
Snapchat takes emoji seriously, and they have improved the whole emoji experience on their platform. You can attach a moving emoji to an object in your video snap and it will track the movement of said object. This sounds like it has physics involved but it isn’t complicated at all.
How to Add Snapchat Moving Emoji to Videos
Needless to say, without Snapchat there are no snaps. If you don’t have it yet, download it from the official App Store for iOS devices, or Google Play Store for Android devices. It is also a good idea to download the latest updates from the same place, as moving emoji might not work if your Snapchat is outdated.
Once you have Snapchat installed, you can begin adding moving emoji to videos and here is how:
- Start Snapchat on your smartphone.
- Keep your finger on the Record button to record a video.
- Find the emoji button at the top of your screen. Select it.
- Choose the emoji you want to use on your video and tap on it to add it to your snap.
- Select the emoji and hold your finger on it within the video. Stick it to a place, person, or object you recorded.
- When you lift your finger up, the emoji will remain where you put it. If that figure moves when you play the video, the emoji will move along with it.
- You can resize or rescale the emoji by pinching it with two fingers simultaneously. Drag it to enlarge it, pinch it for shrinking.
- Remember that you can have as many emoji as you want. In case you want to add more, just go back and repeat the previous steps.
- Once you’re done you can send your glorious video snap with moving emoji to your friends by clicking the arrow in the corner.
Of course, moving emoji can’t be added to picture snaps because they require a moving object to work. Everything will make more sense when you experience it firsthand.
How to Add Snapchat Moving Stickers to Snaps
Here is actually another feature on Snapchat for animated stickers. Besides emoji, there are animated stickers from GIPHY that are also easy to add. However, there is a twist, and it is a good one.
These GIPHY stickers can be added to both photo and video snaps. As with animated emoji, you can combine these with a multitude of Snapchat effects. You probably know that GIPHY has a never-ending gallery of gifs, so you can unleash your creativity with this feature.
Here is how you can add these gifs plus the moving stickers developed by Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- Take a photo with a quick tap on the Record button or hold it for video.
- Open the stickers toolbar the top of the screen.
- Look through the GIPHY gallery and find the animated sticker that you like the most. Tapping on it will add it to your snap.
- Like with animated emoji, you can reshape it by pinching it.
- Tap on it and hold to drag it around and place it wherever you want.
In case you are taking a video snap, the sticker will attach itself to an object the same way as an emoji does. It will then track it and move alongside it. Same as before, you can get creative and attach it to somebody’s face, hand, or any other moving object. For example, if you have a video of your cat playing with a toy, you can replace the toy with an adorable sticker of your choice.
Sticker customization options in Snapchat are off the charts. You can add cool animated emoji, stickers, and gifs to make your snaps hilarious. On top of that, you can also add your own customized stickers or bitmoji stickers (Snapchat makes an emoji in your image, called bitmoji).
The longer you are on Snapchat, the better you get at these things. It is best to figure it out on the go, and the point is to have fun. What are your favorite animated Snapchat emoji and stickers? Share some recs in the comments below.