How to Use Snapchat and Bitmoji Together
Already a favorite among the younger population, Snapchat bought the company that owned Bitmoji in 2016 and further enhanced the platform’s fun factor. In July 2019, the Snapchat team added the Bitmoji feature that you can now use while chatting or as stickers.
The cartoon-like avatars are very entertaining and appealing for not only teenagers but all of us. It’s a welcomed addition for most Snapchat users.
How can you make the most of using Snapchat and Bitmoji together? If you’re excited about adding Bitmojis the next time you’re snapping with your friends, you’re going to want to read this article.
How Do I Link My Snapchat and Bitmoji Accounts?
You can link your accounts in a few easy steps and no more than a minute. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Tap on the small icon in the top left corner to open your home screen.
- Find the Settings icon in the top right corner and tap to open.
- Tap on the Bitmoji section under My account.
- A new screen will open, showing a Create Bitmoji button. Tap to open.
- As you’re taken to the Bitmoji app, tap on Create with Snapchat.
- You’ll have the option of taking a selfie to make your Bitmoji more accurate. Tap Skip or Continue.
- After you’re done creating your Bitmoji, you’ll be asked to connect the apps. Tap on Agree & Connect.
- Congrats – the apps have been successfully linked!
Now you’re ready to use Bitmoji stickers in your snaps and chat!
How Do I Edit My Bitmoji Character?
Why are Bitmojis so appealing to almost everyone? Probably because they create a unique experience for Snapchat users – no one else will have the same Bitmoji character!
If at some point you want to edit your Bitmoji character, you can do it this way.
- Tap on your Bitmoji – where the ghost once was, in the top left corner of your Snapchat home screen.
- Tap the Settings button in the top right corner.
- Choose Bitmoji from the menu that’ll appear.
- Depending on what you want to do, tap Change My Outfit or Edit My Bitmoji.
With the first option, you’ll only be able to change the clothes your Bitmoji is wearing, and the other one allows you to change, for example, your hair color.
Whatever you choose to change, once you’re done, tap the ✔ mark in the top right corner of your screen.
How Do I Add My Bitmoji Character to a Snap?
Now you’re ready to use your Bitmoji character on Snapchat. If you want to add it to a Snap, do the following:
- Create a new snap – you can add Bitmoji to photos and videos.
- When you tap the Stickers button, swipe left because that’ll reveal the available Bitmoji stickers.
- Tap the Bitmoji you’d like to use and place it somewhere on your snap.
- If you want to add more Bitmoji, go back to Stickers and repeat the procedure.
What Is Friendmoji?
What can be more fun than seeing your cartoon-like face all over the place? Seeing you and your friends together!
Where can you find Friendmoji stickers?
- Choose a friend and open the chat box.
- Tap the Sticker Picker. You’ll find it on the menu at the bottom.
- If you can’t find the option, continue scrolling down to see more.
You can also change these avatars and choose another friend to share a Bitmoji with. You only need to:
- Tap the smiley face in a Group Chat.
- Tap on any of the Friendmoji characters and hold. A list featuring your friends’ Bitmoji will appear.
- Choose any friend from the list and wait for it to refresh.
Note: Your friend also needs to link these two apps before you can create a Friendmoji.
Guess How Much Snapchat Paid for Bitmoji?
Psych! We didn’t mean to make it sound like a pop quiz. Who cares as long as you can use the two together?
But if you’d like to share the answer with the community, or anything at all, please do so in the comments.