75 Captions for a Beautiful Sunset
Sunsets are one of the most beautiful experiences the natural world offers us, and they are available to almost everyone. Whether you live in the country or the city, on the beach or in the country, in a house or a condo or an apartment – even if you live in a shack in the woods – you can almost always check out a sunset every day of the year. You can view them from the mountaintop or through the gaps in the trees, but they’re always amazing and always lovely. When you take a fantastic snap or video of your sunset to share on Instagram, you want to create a meaningful caption to go along with it. Here’s our list of captions to go with your sunset snaps.
The Colors of the Sunset
- My favorite color is sunset.
- Now that’s some orange you could ride a horse into.
- Born to chase oranges, yellows, and blues.
- Cloudy days make gorgeous reds.
- Autumn is a sunset around every corner.
- Mother Nature doesn’t need a filter.
Sunset Over Water
- Meet me where the sky touches the sea.
- Let’s go somewhere the sun kisses the ocean.
- Sunsets and palm trees.
- “As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset, I am in paradise.” – The Kinks
- “The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.” – Pamela Hansford Johnson
Sunsets Over Mountains
- Sunsets and mountain breeze.
- Nothing like a Smoky Mountain sunset.
- To view a sunset from above the trees is to find heaven.
- A real sunset is an explosion behind a mountain silhouette.
- I climb mountains so I can see where the sun sleeps.
Sunsets and Love
- Don’t waste sunrises on people who will be gone by sunset.
- We all see the same sunset.
- The most beautiful sunsets are the ones we share.
- “The first stab of love is like a sunset.” – Anna Godbersen
- “That was her magic – she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days.” – Atticus
- “Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” – Virginia Woolf
The Importance of Taking Time
- Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
- I never met a sunset I didn’t like.
- It’s the simple things.
- The evening always delivers.
- Sunsets are one thing in life that won’t wait.
- The only kinds of sunsets that I don’t like are the ones that I missed.
- When you watch a sunset, you’re not in the moment; the moment is in you.
- “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Walton
- “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” – To Kill A Mockingbird
Sunset Sign Off
- The sun is saying goodnight.
- Mother Nature says goodnight.
- Sunsets are cliche for a reason.
- “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
- “The sun has gone to bed and so must I.” – The Sound of Music
Sunsets and Sunrises
- If the sun never set, we’d never have the gift of a new day.
- “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” – Karl Schmidt
- “The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” – Vera Nazarian
- “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.” – Umair Siddiqui
- “It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” – Bernard Williams
- “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.” – Claude Debussy
The Sun for All Occasions
- Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
- I find my happiness where the sun shines.
- Forever chasing the sun.
- Girls just wanna have sun.
- You are the sun to my shine.
- The sun is alone but it still shines.
- “Meanwhile the sunsets are mad orange fools raging in the gloom.” – Jack Kerouac
- “The sun ignites the clouds below it as if they, and the water, itself, were on fire.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “O, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” – Roman Payne
- “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” – Mia Kirshner
- “Don’t forget:beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color — oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples…” – Anna Godbersen
- “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” – Ram Charan
- “Sunsets are just little glimpses of the golden streets of heaven.” – Unknown
- “The horizon changes but the sun does not.” – Joyce Rachelle
- “Friendships will never be darkened by the setting sun.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Every sunset is a journey, a journey to remember the memories of the past!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Paint a picture of the sunset that no one will ever forget.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Thank you is what each and everyone of us should say when we see either a sunrise or sunset. And when we do that, maybe, just maybe the world will start to become a better place.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” – Mattie Stepanek
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” – George R.R. Martin
- “It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” – Bern Williams
- “Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” – Juansen Dizon
- “As angry as the sky looks, it’s still full of the colors of love.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” – Crystal Woods
- “Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” – C. JoyBell C.
As the Beatles once promised us, here comes the sun. Or, rather, there it goes. Better catch it.
(These aren’t the only Instagram captions we’ve compiled for nature lovers! Here’s our list of Instagram captions for waterfalls, and here is our list of Instagram captions for the beach. You’ll definitely want to check out our list of Instagram captions for winter and our Instagram captions for snow and ice.)