How to Change Your Card with Zelle
Money transfer apps like Zelle are great for sending cash to family and friends, but what happens if you need to change your card? Is the process simple and straightforward?
In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about changing your card on Zelle. Plus, we’ll outline some safety tips regarding your online bank account.
Changing Your Card on Zelle
For people who are using the Zelle app, it’s easy to change their card number or account. Here’s how:
- Click on the gear icon and tap on “Account.”
- Click “Switch Accounts.”
- You will be directed to unlink the current account and then “Add a New Account.”
Once you’ve completed the process, your history will be removed, and you’ll have a clean slate with the new account.
Types of Accounts Eligible for Zelle
Every bank determines the types of accounts that are eligible to have Zelle. It’s impossible to register with Zelle if you have a credit card, international debit card, gift card, or pre-paid or any international deposit account. All accounts should be debit and based in banks or bank groups nationwide.
Problems with Connecting the Card
Suppose you’ve entered all your data and you notice that your card isn’t connected. First, make sure that you’re using a Mastercard or Visa set up with a bank account. Next, you’ll need to check whether all the information you entered is valid and that your card hasn’t expired.
Carefully check whether you’ve entered everything correctly:
- Name and last name like they’re written on your card
- Address, state, zip code
- Debit card number
- Expiration date
Contact customer service if you have technical difficulties and you can’t connect the card to your Zelle account
Data Safety on Zelle
Whenever you need to log in to your bank account, you’ll always have to do it through the bank platform with the highest safety standards. Once you’ve done so, you’ll be redirected to your Zelle account.
Setting a separate password for Zelle is another recommended safety procedure. If you want additional protection, you can use your fingerprint or Touch ID to ensure no one else has access to your money. This is quite useful if you’re using the platform from your phone and you find it tedious to type in your passwords every time you want to log in.
Every payment processed through Zelle becomes available within minutes if both users have registered accounts. If a recipient doesn’t have a profile on Zelle, it might take up to three days for the money to become available.
Safety on Zelle
Zelle provides its customers with a fast and uncomplicated way to send money to people they trust. When you know someone, even if you send your money by mistake, you’ll be able to get it back again. For example, you might send a double amount of money to your babysitter, and she can refund the overpayment in a few minutes.
However, if you want to use Zelle with people you don’t know, or if you’re paying for something you’ve bought online, it’s better to find a different way to pay them.
Other Money Transfer Apps
Assuming that you want to consider other options, these platforms might be the right choice for you.
- PayPal is one of the most secure apps on the market, but it doesn’t come cheap as it takes 2.9% from every transaction. It is a safe platform, however, and you can use it for money transfers to your friends and family.
- Venmo is an app that lets you send money to your Facebook contacts. It’s great for splitting the cost, using it for rent or groceries. You can also use it to send money as a present. With Venmo business, you can get cash from your clients and ensure that every transaction is safe.
- World Remit is great for sending lesser amounts of money worldwide. You can use more than 90 currencies in more than 150 countries, and all your transactions will get authorized in a matter of minutes.
- Skrill is another safe platform when it comes to sending money. It’s a good fit for private users because it offers zero deposit fees and sends all your money free of charge.
Send, Spend, Send
Money transfer apps are there to make your life easier. All you need is your smartphone, and you can send your money to anyone in just a few clicks. Now that you know how to change your card on Zelle and manage your account, you can use it for safe transactions only.
Have you used Zelle before? Would you use any of the apps mentioned for sending money? Let us know in the comments section below.