How to Change Your Payment Method on CrunchyRoll
Crunchyroll is one of the biggest anime, manga, and dorama streaming services. If you’re a huge anime fan, you’ve probably tried out their Premium service that gives you access to their huge library. But what if you decide to change the payment method? Is it possible, and how can you do it?
Many users have problems switching the payment method. For that, we’ve outlined some tips to help you change credit cards. Plus, we’ll show you how to switch from PayPal to a credit card.
Changing Payment Method #1: Credit Cards
When you choose Premium Crunchyroll services, you have to select your desired payment method. You may have chosen one credit card, but what if it’s expiring now? Or maybe you want to use a different one. These are the steps you should follow to change credit cards:
- Launch Crunchyroll.
- Log in.
- Look for your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
- Next, head to “Premium Membership Status.”
- Search for “Change Card.” Click on it.
- Then, enter the information for the credit card you want to start using.
- Finally, go to acct/membershipto finalize the change.
From now on, Crunchyroll will use this credit card to renew your subscription.
Note: Occasionally, users have problems with the steps above. If you follow them and you still can’t change the credit card, do this:
- Open Crunchyroll and log in.
- Go to “Account Settings.”
- Look for “Premium Membership Status” and choose the credit card you want to use from now on.
That should do the trick!
Changing Payment Method #2: PayPal to Credit Card
If you were using PayPal for your Crunchyroll subscription but want to change it now to a credit card, the first thing you should do is actually cancel your active membership. Once you follow all the steps, you’ll need to purchase a Premium package once again. Here’s how you need to do it:
- Head over to PayPal and log in to your account.
- Find the recurring payments and delete “Ellation, Inc” from there.
- To avoid getting an error and not being able to make another purchase on Crunchyroll, you have to wait for your membership for the current month to expire. For this reason, you’ll most likely want to cancel PayPal on the last day of the month.
When it expires, you can log in to your Crunchyroll account. Find “Premium Membership Plan Comparison” and choose what you want to update. Select “Credit Card” as your desired payment method and write all pertinent information, such as your name, credit card number, expiration date, and CVC. Finally, buy the premium package you want, and that’s it.
Purchasing a Subscription for Someone Else
If you’ve got a friend who is really into manga, anime, and dorama, there’s no better birthday gift than purchasing a non-recurring subscription for Crunchyroll. However, you have to keep in mind that he or she will need to have a profile on Crunchyroll. If that’s all good, then you should do this:
- Head over to your friend’s profile on Crunchyroll.
- Look for “Send Gift” on the left.
- Check if the name is correct.
- Choose the membership type and package.
- Check the shopping cart once again.
- Tap on “Proceed to Checkout.”
- You can now choose how you want to pay. This can be either using a credit card or with PayPal.
- When you select your desired payment method, you’ll get a confirmation for the purchase.
Crunchyroll Paid Subscription Plans
CrunchyRoll has two paid subscription plans, each with their own advantages. So if you’re changing the payment method, you can take a look at this section and reconsider your plan. Perhaps you’ll want to change it as well.
The cost of the monthly Premium Plan is $7.99 per month + tax. However, you can save a little by choosing a three-month plan for $22.99, or a 12-month plan for $79.99. This is a fantastic plan for manga enthusiasts, as it offers unlimited access to a vast animation catalog. Moreover, you can also enjoy simulcasts and read new comics as soon as they’re out.
Furthermore, you won’t be bothered by advertisements, so you can have a perfect viewing experience. Did we mention you can also watch everything in full HD? And finally, when there are discounts, you’ll receive notifications, so you’ll always be in the loop.
Premium Plus Plan
For manga devotees, Premium Plus Plan is a better option, as it offers many perks. For $11.95 per month or $99.95 per year you get everything the Premium Package offers, and more. This includes access to exclusive conventions, contests, and other fabulous events die-hard anima fans would enjoy.
Make the Best of Crunchyroll
If you’re already using Crunchyroll, you know how amazing it is for fans of anime and manga. Although it’s free, Premium and Premium Plus packages offer much more for die-hard fans. If you’ve chosen your plan and payment method, you now know how to change it at any time.
Which Crunchyroll package do you have? Are you satisfied with it? Share with the community in the section below.