DVD Not Playing in Windows 10? Here’s How to Decode & Convert DVD to MP4/ISO
For many Windows 10 users, it’s common to see an error when trying to play a DVD. In some cases, Windows Media Player may tell you that a “compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer.”
In other situations, you may be told that your computer is having a problem with the digital copy protection found on encrypted DVDs.
Other common issues with DVDs include bad Windows updates (such as an issue that causes the Windows DVD Player to crash after installing the KB4013429 cumulative update), the inability to play anime DVDs from Japan due to region code locking, or issues with third party applications like VLC which sometimes fail to properly open DVD discs.
The solution to these problems is to decode and convert your DVD disc into a digital file such as MP4 or, if you want a complete backup of your DVD, an ISO image. By converting to these formats you can not only back up your fragile DVD discs, but also eliminate most compatibility issues, allowing you to play your movies anywhere and at any time.
But to decode and convert your DVD discs you’ll need specialized software that can perform this task, and one such application that can handle all of your DVD decoding and converting needs is WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum Features
Not only can WinX DVD Ripper Platinum handle your DVD decoding and converting needs, but we’re hosting a giveaway with a chance to win an Epson Projector! Find out more about the giveaway below, but first check out all of the WinX DVD Ripper Platinum features:
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum offers the most support for different types of DVD discs, including a DVD analysis kernel and a title checking mechanism. This lets you rip old and new discs ranging from home movies to top Hollywood hits, to Disney classics, to workout DVDs.
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is fast. Thanks to its unique Level-3 hardware acceleration tech, the software can rip an entire DVD in just 5 minutes.
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum offers high quality video output, including support for de-interlacing older DVDs. This means that you can get up to lossless video output with no artifacts, audio sync issues, or aspect ratio errors.
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum supports a rich range of output formats: rip your DVD to MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, MP3, and more with support for all models of iPad, iPhone, Android devices, smart TVs, and computers.
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum bypasses all common encryption schemes: don’t let encryption prevent you from backing up and enjoying your DVDs. The software can bypass region-code locking, CSS encryption, UOP, Sony ARccoS, Disney-X, and more.
How to Convert DVD to MP4/ISO
Step 1: Insert your DVD disc into the DVD drive, open WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, and click the DVD Disc button to import your DVD. If you want to rip the DVD to digital from ISO image or DVD Folder, you can also click ISO Image or Folder as appropriate. The program will automatically choose the right title for you, no matter what encryption is used for the DVD.
Step 2: Choose a desired output format from the popup window. For example, choose MP4 for playback on most mobile devices, MKV for a complete backup of all audio and subtitle tracks, or ISO image if you want a complete backup of an entire DVD include special features. Optionally, you can also click the Edit button to trim, crop, adjust audio volume, add subtitles and more prior to ripping.
Step 3: Once all of your format and track selections have been made, hit the Run button and the software will begin decrypting and converting your DVD. If your computer has a supported graphic card, you can significantly increase the ripping speed by enabling hardware acceleration, which will use the GPU instead of the CPU to encode the video output. With hardware acceleration enabled, you can convert a full DVD in as little as 5 minutes.
Get WinX DVD Ripper Platinum & Enter the Giveaway
The best part of everything is that WinX DVD Ripper is free and you can enter a drawing to win an Epson Project. Just head to the WinX DVD website and download the correct version of the software for your operating system:
Instructions on how to enter the giveaway for the free Epson Projector are available at the download page.