Android 6.0 Marshmallow: How To Use Screen Mirror
For those that have upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow to know how to screen mirror on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the following provides two different methods to screen cast your smartphone wirelessly or with a hard wire connection to a TV. With the correct tools and software, you can easily screen mirror your smartphone to a TV.
Connect Android Marshmallow 6.0 to TV: Wireless Connection
- Purchase a Samsung Allshare Hub; connect the Allshare Hub to your TV via a standard HDMI cable.
- Connect your smartphone and the AllShare Hub or TV to the same wireless network.
- Access Settings > Screen Mirroring
NOTE: If you use a Samsung SmartTV, you do not need to purchase the Allshare Hub.
Connect Android Marshmallow 6.0 to TV: Hard-wired Connection
- Purchase a MHL adapter that is compatible with your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter to a power source.
- Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your television.
- Set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are using. Once done, the TV will mirror your phone.
NOTE: If you have an older analogue TV, purchasing an HDMI to composite adapter would help allow for your smartphone operating on Android 6.0 Marshmallow to play on your TV and screen mirror.