How To Clear Cache On OnePlus 5
If you are a OnePlus 5 users who are avid subscribers of our site, then you might be asking, “Why does Recomhub always suggest performing a factory reset or wiping out the cache partition of our phone in all of the issues we encounter on our smartphones?” In this article, you’ll know why these methods are highly recommended by us in all of our blogs and why you should do it too.
The best reason to clear the cache on a OnePlus 5 is when the smartphone has some delays, glitches or freezes. The following is a guide on how to clear the OnePlus 5 cache.
What Does it Necessarily Do?
To save you from doubt, first, you need to know what’s a cache and why clearing it is beneficial for your OnePlus 5. Generally, your phone has two distinct kinds of cache. The first one is the app cache while the latter is the system cache. The App cache enables temporary data to be kept for better switching between apps. System cache, on the other hand, is similar to App cache, but their main difference is that it stores temporary data that your Android software issues. In that sense, clearing these caches out will reduce or remove the crashes and glitches you’re experiencing in your OnePlus 5.
Clearing the App Cache
When dealing with crashes within a particular application, the best thing to do is clearing out its cache. To clear the app cache, follow these steps:
- Open your smartphone
- Head to Settings > App Manager
- Choose the application you want to be cache cleared
- Once you’ve chosen the application, browse for the application info screen
- Press Clear Cache
- In clearing the cache for all your applications, head to Settings > Storage
- Choose Cached Data to clear out the application caches at the same time
Note that you should never press the Clear Data option. What it does is it deletes all the information of that app such as the login name, passcode, progress in the game, game preferences, game settings etc.
What if it Doesn’t Work?
Given that you have performed the steps above and still you’re experiencing glitches within your phone, the next move would be uninstalling the application then rebooting your OnePlus 5. It’s essential to know that you should create a backup for all of your data to prevent it from losing while rebooting it. Once the process is done, and the issue is still there, the last resort is performing a system cache wipe on your OnePlus 5.
Clearing out the System Cache
- Shut down your smartphone
- Simultaneously long press the Power, Home, and Volume Up button until the Android logo appears
- Remove the hold from the Power button then continue pressing the remaining ones
- Highlight the Wipe Cache Partition using the Volume buttons
- Tap on the Power button
- Swipe down to Yes then tap the Power button
- Swipe down to Reboot System now then tap Power
- Wait for a few seconds, and you’re all set!