How To Turn ON And OFF OnePlus 3 With Broken Power Button
Some have reported that after using the OnePlus 3 for a decent amount of time, there could be a chance that you can break the OnePlus 3 power button. Of course, then it becomes harder to turn the OnePlus 3 on or off when the power button is broken, assuming you don’t want to waste the battery power. So you may be asking yourself a perfectly understandable question: how do you turn ON and OFF OnePlus 3 without the power button working?
If you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone, don’t worry. You’re in good company. Just follow the step-by-step instructions below to learn how to turn your OnePlus 3 OFF and ON without a working power button. In either case, it’s actually a pretty simple process, though you will need access to a computer with a USB drive (and for Mac users with newer Macs, you’ll need a USB-C to USB adapter).
How to turn ON OnePlus 3 without using the power button:
- When the OnePlus 3 is turned off, press and hold the volume button down for a few seconds.
- While still holding the volume button down, connect the OnePlus 3 to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
- Once it’s done that, press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has canceled, the OnePlus 3 will reboot and turn on like normal.
- Congratulations. You have successfully turned on the OnePlus 3 without using the power button.
How to turn OFF OnePlus 3 without using the power button:
- Press the home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select on the “Applications” icon.
- Browse and select the Play Store icon.
- In the “Search” box, type in “Button Savior.”
- Download and install the application. You can also download Button Savior on the web if you cannot download it via the Play Store for some reason.
- After installation, open Button Savior. You may have to enable debugging mode. If so, you can follow this guide.
- After enabling Debugging Mode, open Button Savior and Select “Kill/Start Button Savior Service”.
- A screen will pop up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold on the “Power” button on the lowest part of the icon list to see the device options.
- Select on the “Power off” option to turn off your device.
- You have successfully turned off the OnePlus 3 without using its power button.