Forgot My Pattern Lock Samsung Galaxy J7 (Solution)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy J7, you might forget the pattern lock as many people are wont to do. Brain farts happen and everyone is scatterbrained from time to time, and odds are passwords are the first things to go in those moments. When that happens, then you’ll need to reset the pattern lock. The most obvious solution to reset the password on the Galaxy J7 requires completing a hard factory reset, which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone.
For those who back their phone up regularly, then it’s not such a big deal. For those who don’t have their Samsung Galaxy J7 backed up, we’ve compiled a couple different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy J7 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you two different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Galaxy J7 when you get locked out, as well as how to go ahead and do a factory reset if it turns out that it’s your best option.
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Galaxy J7 is for those who have already registered their Galaxy J7 with Android Device Manage. When using the Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the Lock feature. The Lock feature on the Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Galaxy J7 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Galaxy J7.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer.
- Find your Galaxy J7 on the screen.
- Enable the Lock & Erase feature.
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone.
- Set a temporary password.
- Enter the temporary password in your phone to bypass the lock screen.
- Create a new password.
Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the Remote Controls feature on your Samsung Galaxy J7, which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy J7. If you have not already registered the Galaxy J7 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible.
- Register the Galaxy J7 with Samsung.
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporarily reset the password.
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password.
- Set a new password.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Galaxy J7.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until, you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume Down button, select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume Down button, highlight Yes – Delete All User Data and press the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy J7 restarts, everything will be wiped and it will be ready for you to set everything up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy J7. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Galaxy J7, you should back up all of your files and information to prevent any data from being lost.