How To Reset Password On Samsung Galaxy J7 When Locked Out
If you own a Samsung Galaxy J7, it’s very common to forget the passcode and then need to reset the password. Of course, this phenomenon isn’t limited to the Galaxy J7; people have been forgetting passwords for as long as people have had passwords. The most common solution to reset the password on the Galaxy J7 requires completing a hard factory reset, which will delete all your files and data on the smartphone, restoring it to the state you first bought it in. For those who are in the habit of backing their Galaxy J7 up frequently, then using this solution is probably harmless.
For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy backed up, we’ve compiled a couple different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy J7 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you two different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Galaxy J7 when you get locked out.
Password Reset with the Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Galaxy J7 is for those who have already registered their Galaxy J7 with the Android Device Manage. When using the Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the Lock feature. The Lock feature on the Android Device Manger will allow you to reset the password on the Galaxy J7 when you have forgotten it.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer.
- Find your Galaxy J7 on the screen.
- Enable the Lock & Erase feature.
- Follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone.
- Set a temporary password.
- Enter the temporary password into your phone to bypass the lock screen.
- Create a new password.
Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android) feature, similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the Remote Controls feature on your Samsung Galaxy J7, which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy J7. If you have not already registered the Galaxy J7 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible.
- Register the Galaxy J7 with Samsung.
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporarily reset the password.
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password.
- Set a new password.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
If, for whatever reason, it comes to pass that you can’t use either of the previous methods, then the only thing for it is to trigger a factory reset.
- Turn off the Galaxy J7.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the logo on screen.
- Using the Volume Down button, select the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume Down button, highlight Yes – delete all user data and press the Power button to select it.
- The phone will reboot, and when the Galaxy J7 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready for you to set it all up again. This includes setting up a new password.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy J7. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Galaxy J7, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.