How To Clear App Data On Samsung Galaxy J5
For those that own a Samsung Galaxy J5, it’s a good idea to know how to clear app data on the Galaxy J5. The best way to fix any bugs or other software problems from apps on your Samsung J5 is to either complete a factory reset or a cache wipe. It’s recommended to clear the app cache on a Samsung Galaxy J5 when your smartphone has some delays, glitches or freezes. Below we’ll explain how you can clear the cache on the Samsung J5.
How to clear the app cache on the Samsung J5
For problems that are just happening on a specific app, it’s best to first try to clear the app cache. You can clear the app cache with these instructions:
- Turn on your Samsung J5
- Go to Settings > App Manager
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select on Clear Cache
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously
Don’t select Clear Data unless you want to lose all the information that app stores, like your user name, passwords, game progress, preferences, settings and so on.
What to do when clearing the app cache doesn’t help
After you have cleared the cache of individual apps and the Samsung J5 problem is still happening, the next best option is to uninstall the app and reboot the device. It’s important to note that before you reset the Galaxy J5, you should back up all data to prevent anything from being lost during the reboot process. After rebooting the J5, and the problem is still happening, then it’s suggested that you perform a system cache wipe, also known as clearing the cache partition on the Samsung J5.
How to clear the system cache on the Samsung J5:
- Turn off the Samsung J5
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
- Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
- Press the Power button
- Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
- Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
- Your J5 will reboot with a cleared system cache