How To Hard Factory Reset HTC 10 (M10)
A common way to fix any HTC 10 problem is to factory reset the HTC 10. Another benefit of doing a HTC M10 factory reset is to get a fresh start on the device, this will make the smartphone seem like it just came out of the box. Below are the instructions on how to get your HTC 10 back to factory settings.
It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a HTC 10, it’s suggested to back up all files, data and images to prevent anything important from being lost. The best way to back up your HTC 10 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset.
How to Factory Reset HTC 10
Go to the notification section of the HTC M10 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset. Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. Then select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset HTC 10 with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your HTC 10 using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the HTC 10.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the HTC 10 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the HTC 10 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.