How To Factory Reset HTC One M9
A common way to fix any HTC One M9 problem is to factory reset the HTC One M9. Another benefit of doing a factory reset on a HTC One M9 is to get a fresh start on the device, this will make the smartphone perform like new. Below are the instructions on how to factory rest a HTC One M9.
It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a HTC One M9, it’s suggested to back up all files, data and images to prevent anything important from being lost. The best way to back up your HTC One M9 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. For the rest of your files you can use a backup app or service. You get 15GB of space in the cloud with Google Drive.
How to Factory Reset a Working HTC One M9
Go to the notification section of the HTC One M9 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.
Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. Then select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset HTC One M9 with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your HTC One M9 using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the HTC One M9.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the HTC One M9 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the HTC One M9 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.