How To Factory Reset Huawei Mate 8
Sometimes when your Huawei Mate 8 is having some problems, the best option is to factory reset the Huawei Mate 8. Another great reason to factory reset a Mate 8 is to get a fresh start on the smartphone. No matter the reason, we’ll be teaching you how to factory reset a Huawei Mate 8.
Recommended: How to Hard Rest Huawei Mate 8
It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a Huawei Mate 8, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost. The way to back up data on your
S6 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. For the rest of your files you can use a backup app or service. You get 15GB of space in the cloud with Google Drive.
How to Factory Reset a Working Huawei Mate 8
Go to the notification section of the Mate 8 and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset.
Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. On the next screen, select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset Huawei Mate 8 with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your Mate 8 using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the Huawei Mate 8.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Mate 8 has rebooted, then use the Powerbutton to select it.
- When the Mate 8 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.