How To Factory Reset Nexus 6P
A common way to fix any Nexus 6P problem is to factory reset the Nexus 6P. Another benefit of doing a Nexus 6P factory reset is to get a fresh start on the device, this will make the smartphone seem like it just came out of the box. Below are the instructions on how to get your Nexus 6P back to factory settings.
It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a Nexus 6P, it’s suggested to back up all files, data and images to prevent anything important from being lost. The best way to back up your Nexus 6P is by going to Settings > Backup & reset.
How to Factory Reset Nexus 6P
Go to the notification section of the Nexus 6P and select the gear icon to bring up Settings. From the settings page, select on Backup and reset listed under User and Backup and choose Factory data reset. Make sure that everything important has been backed up and then at the bottom of the screen select Reset device. Then select Delete all and wait for the process to complete and the phone to reboot.
How to Factory Reset Nexus 6P with Hardware Keys
If you find that the touchscreen is unresponsive, there’s a problem accessing the menu, or maybe you forgot your pattern lock, then you can still factory reset your Nexus 6P using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the Nexus 6P.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Nexus 6P has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Nexus 6P restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.