How To Reset Password On DTEK50 And DTEK60 When Locked Out
For those that own Blackberry’s new smartphone, there will probably be a time that you’ll forget the passcode and then need to reset the password. Many solutions to reset the password on the DTEK50 and DTEK60 require completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60 backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60 when you get locked out.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Powerbutton at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory resetoption and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user dataand press Power to select it.
- After your smartphone has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When your smartphone restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Blackberry DTEK50 and DTEK60 is for those that have already registered their Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Blackberry DTEK50 or DTEK60 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password