How To Reset Password On Huawei P10
If you own any smartphone, then you know pretty well the pain that comes with forgetting a password. When this happens, most of the times you will require a reset of the password. Resetting the password on Huawei P10 will most of the times require a hard factory reset which may delete all your important files and information.
If you haven’t backed up your Huawei P10, we have created several separate ways on how to reset your password on your Huawei P10 and avoid being locked out, all this without having to necessarily lose your data. Read our below guide to know 3 different ways you can reset the lock screen pass code on your Huawei P10 to avoid getting locked out.
Resetting the password with a Factory Reset
- Power OFF your Huawei P10
- Hit and hold the Home, Volume Up and the Power buttons simultaneously. Hold until the Android logo displays.
- Use the Volume Down key to highlight factory reset/wipe data option then hit the Power key to select
- Use the Volume down key to highlight “Yes-delete all user data” then hit the Power key to select
- After the device has restarted, everything will be totally wiped clean and your Huawei P10 will be ready for a new set up
To know how to factory reset your Huawei P10, read our guide. It is however important to note that before you can reset your smartphone, it is important to first back up all your important data to avoid any potential data loss as a result of the process.
Using the Android Device Manager
For those that have already registered their Huawei P10 with the Android Device Manager, this should be your first method of resetting your forgotten password. To reset your password using the Android Device Manager, all you have to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The Lock feature allows you to obtain your Huawei P10 password and reset it in case you have forgotten it. Follow our guide below;
- Open the Android Device Manager from your PC
- Locate your Huawei P10 on the screen.
- Activate the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Follow the steps provided to lock your device
- Then set the password
- Enter the pass code
- Then create the pass code