How To SIM Unlock Huawei P9
For those that just have purchased a Huawei P9, you may want to know how to permanently SIM unlock your Huawei P9 and use it on any carrier you want. Below we’ll explain several different ways to Unlock the Huawei P9.
In most cases when you purchase the Huawei P9 from a wireless carrier the smartphone is locked. The main reason for this is because cellular companies subsidized the phone to help lower the monthly bill for customers. But for those traveling internationally and need to use a different operator’s SIM abroad, it may be hard to do without unlocking the Huawei P9.
The Huawei P9 is the newest flagship smartphone from Huawei. If you own a Huawei P9 that is locked to a particular carrier, and you want to SIM unlock the device, the process is easy to do it. Below we’ll explain how unlock the Huawei P9.
In most cases, with SIM unlocking of the Huawei P9, there are two possible routes that you can take. Sometimes, the cellular company will provide you with an unlock code for the Huawei P9. Another option would be to use a third-party services that will do the same for you. It’s always better to check the first option before going for the latter, since your service provider will mostly not charge you anything for the unlock code, while the third-party services will.
Purchasing SIM Unlock Code
- Pick a third-party unlock service, and select the right tool for your device. Remember that there are multiple offerings depending on the service that you choose, so there’s no one-size-fits-all solution here.
- Provide the service with your phone’s IMEI number.
- The service will provide you the unlock code within anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on the carrier the phone is locked to, and the service.
Getting SIM Unlock Code from Carrier
- Give the cellular company a call using the customer helpline.
- Ask for the unlock code for your Huawei P9.
- The provider will ask you for your device’s IMEI number. Provide that, and you will receive an email with the unlock code within a couple of days.
Once you have the unlock code through the method of your choice, it’s fairly simple.
- Power off your device.
- Remove your original SIM card, and insert the SIM that you want to use.
- Turn your phone on again, and enter the unlock code when prompted.