How to Take Back Off LG Nexus 5 To Open Battery Cover
If you need to take the back off your LG Nexus 5 to replace the battery or for some other reason, we’ve put together a guide for this. Unlike other Android smartphones, the Nexus 5 back is harder to take off to open the battery cover. But the following instructions will help you learn how to open the back off a LG Nexus 5 in five easy steps and easily open a LG Nexus 5 battery cover safely.
It’s important to have the correct tools, so you can open the LG Nexus 5 without damaging the smartphone. The tools you will need to open the back the battery cover on your LG Nexus 5, is a T5 Torx screwdriver to open the two external screws. You can purchase a T5 Torx screwdriver on Amazon for less around $5, here is a link to Amazon.com, so you can purchase one.
Steps to Take Back Off LG Nexus 5 To Open Battery Cover:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Look for the two external screws on the bottom of your LG Nexus 5. The screws should located on both sides of the mini-USB charging port. If the rubber covers are still attached, remove those to access the two screws.
- Remove the two screws using the T5 Torx screwdriver.
- Take out the SIM card tray from the side of your LG Nexus 5.
- Remove the back cover starting at the bottom by the mini-USB charging port, and then the bottom will snap off first.
- Proceeding to the right, continue to pry the back cover until it is completely removed.
It’s possible to replace the LG Nexus 5 battery if needed. For example, if its performance drops significantly over time, one can replace it with a brand new battery for your smartphone.
This YouTube video shows instructions for removing the cover from your LG Nexus 5: