How To Turn On Screen Mirroring On Galaxy A7
Most of us watch TV shows and movies on our phones, but even with the great screen experience you get from a Galaxy A7, watching shows on a big screen is just more fun. Luckily it’s possible to mirror your Galaxy A7 screen to a TV set so that the shows playing on your A7 screen also play on the TV. There are two basic approaches to doing this: a hard-wired connection or a wireless connection. In this article I’ll explain how to do both.
Connect Galaxy A7 to TV via a hard-wired connection
Using the hard-wired connection method, you can just plug your phone into the TV via an adapter, and whatever is shown on the Galaxy A7 screen will also display on the TV.
- Purchase an MHL adapter that is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy A7.
- Connect the Galaxy A7 to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a power source.
- Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your television.
- Set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are using.
NOTE: If you have an older analogue TV, the addition of a HDMI to composite adapter would allow you to mirror the Galaxy A7 to your TV.
Connect Galaxy A7 to TV via a wireless connection
- Purchase a Samsung Allshare Hub.
- Connect the Allshare Hub to your TV via a standard HDMI cable.
- Connect the Galaxy A7 and the AllShare Hub or TV to the same wireless network.
- Access Settings > Screen Mirroring.
NOTE: If you use a Samsung SmartTV, you do not need to purchase the Allshare Hub and can just directly mirror the phone to the TV since they already know how to work together.
Do you know of other ways to screen mirror a Galaxy A7 smartphone to a TV? Let us know below!