How To Turn On Screen Mirroring On Nexus 6P
For those that want to know to how to turn on and use screen mirroring on a Nexus 6P we’ll explain below. There are several different ways that you can use the Nexus 6P to screen mirror onto a TV. The process to screen mirror is very hard to do with the correct software. The following is a guide that will provide you two different methods to connect screen mirroring on the Nexus 6P to a TV.
Connect Nexus 6P to TV: Hard-wired Connection
- Purchase a MHL adapter that is compatible with the Nexus 6P.
- Connect the Nexus 6P to the adapter.
- Plug the adapter to a power source.
- Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your television.
- Set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are using. Once done, the TV will mirror your phone.
NOTE: If you have an older analogue TV, purchasing an HDMI to composite adapter would help allow for the Nexus 6P to play on your TV and screen mirror.
Connect Nexus 6P to TV: Wireless Connection
- Purchase a Allshare Hub; connect the Allshare Hub to your TV via a standard HDMI cable.
- Connect the Nexus 6P and the AllShare Hub or TV to the same wireless network.
- Access Settings > Screen Mirroring
NOTE: If you use a SmartTV, you do not need to purchase the Allshare Hub.