Issues With iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Touch Screen – Solved
The iPhone 8 touch screen having issues have become something common. Most of the owners of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus have complained of their touch screen not working at random times. Others have reported that there are times when their touch screen does not respond to touch.
I’ll explain the various methods that you can use to solve the issue on your iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Most of the time, this issue occurs at the bottom of the screen. This always forces the owners of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to move their icons away from the bottom of the iPhone screen so that they can make use of their apps without being interrupted.
Reasons why the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus touch screen stops working:
- The first reason is that, during the shipping of your iPhone, the screen gets defective due to excessive bumps that will affect the touch screen.
- Other times, this issue occurs because of software bugs. But there is no need to be upset because Apple always releases software updates from time to time that takes care of this issue. Although, it sometimes takes time.
How to fix iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus touch screen not working
Using factory reset option
- Switch on your iPhone
- Locate Settings and click on General
- Search and select Reset
- Type in your Apple ID details. (Username and password)
- Wait for a few minutes for the process to be completed on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- As soon as the process is completed, a welcome screen will appear, and you can swipe with your finger to continue.
Using the ‘Clear phone cache’ option
You will need to click on Settings and then go to General, Search for Storage and iCloud Usage and select it, then click on Manage Storage. When you’ve done this, look for Documents and Data and select it. Then use your finger to swipe unwanted items to the left and click on ‘Delete.’ To complete the process, select Edit and click on Delete All to delete the entire app’s data.
Using the hard reset option
You should know that using this option will delete all files on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. You should make sure you backup your important files before making use of this process on your iPhonePlus to prevent losing important files. You can backup your files by locating Settings on your device and clicking on Backup & Reset. You can make use of this guide to understand It’s important to note that doing an iPhone 8 or iPhone how to hard reset iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
- Touch and hold on to the Sleep/Wake key and the Home key together for about 10 seconds.
- Your iPhone will carry out an unusual process, and then the backup process will start.
- You will be directed back to the home screen.
Removing the SIM card
You will need to switch off your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Then you will need to remove your SIM card and put it back again. Then switch on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus again to confirm if the issue has been fixed.