LG G4 Screen Won’t Turn On: How To Fix This Problem
One issue that seems to be happening to the new LG flagship smartphone is that the LG G4 screen won’t turn on. The problem is that the LG G4 buttons light up like normal, but the screen remains black and nothing is showing up. The LG G4 screen won’t turn on at random times for different people, but the common problem is that the screen fails to wake up. There could be several possible reasons that this is happening and we’ll try to give you different ways to fix theLG G4 screen problem.
- How to fix LG G4 that won’t turn on after charging
- How to fix LG G4 back button not working
- How to change LG G4 lock screen
- How to turn off LG G4 camera shutter sound
- How to turn off clicking sound on LG G4
For those interested in getting the most out of your LG smartphone, then make sure to check out LG’s G4 phone case, wireless charging pad, the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, and the LG back cover replacement for the ultimate experience with your LG smartphone.
Hit the Power button
The first thing that should be tested before any other advice would be to press the “Power” button several times to make sure there is an issue with the powering of the LG G4. If after trying to power the smartphone back on and the issue has not been fixed, continue reading the rest of this guide.
Boot to Safe Mode
When booting the LG G4 into “Safe Mode” It will only run on pre-loaded apps, this will allow you to see if another application was causing the issues. This can be done using the following steps:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Press and hold the Power button at the same time
- After the LG G4 screen appears, let go of the Power button then press and hold the Volume Down key.
- When it’s restarting, the Safe Mode text will be visible in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following steps will get the LG G4 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time
- After the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Using the “Volume Down” button, highlight “wipe cache partition” and press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition is cleared, the LG G4 will reboot automatically
Read this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to clear cache on the LG G4
Get Technical Support
If none of the methods have worked in trying to get the LG G4 to turn on after charging, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired. But the main issue could be that the power button is not working on the LG G4.
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself
- How to fix black screen problem on LG G4
- How to fix LG G4 that’s freezing and crashing
- How to use Fingerprint sensor on LG G4
- How to fix camera failed problem on LG G4
- How to fix LG G4 not charging problem
- How to fix LG G4 screen that won’t rotate
- How to fix LG G4 bluetooth problems
- How to fix audio and volume problems on LG G4
- How to fix LG G4 WiFi problems
- How to reset password when locked out of LG G4
- How to set custom ringtones on LG G4