OnePlus 3 Problems With WiFi (Solutions)
The OnePlus 3 problems with WiFi seems like a common issue with those that own the new smartphone from OnePlus. Some of the problems noticed on the OnePlus 3 include a slow Wifi/weak Wifi connection, WiFi switches to data automatically and the ability to forget a WiFi connection on the OnePlus 3. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your OnePlus 3 problems with WiFi that is causing you a headache.
OnePlus 3 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
The way that the OnePlus 3 WiFi connection switches from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the OnePlus 3. The name of this setting is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the OnePlus 3 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the OnePlus 3WiFi problem.
Make sure WiFi is turned off on OnePlus 3
It’s very common that your OnePlus 3 is still connected to a weak WiFi signal, and you should you check to make sure the WiFi disabled or turned OFF. The following will take you to the Wi-Fi settings of the OnePlus 3:
- Turn on the OnePlus 3.
- Select on Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
To delete a saved Wifi network on the OnePlus 3, go to the settings menu and look for the WiFi section. Browse for the network that you want to delete and remove from your OnePlus 3. Once you find the WiFi connection, long press it, and then select “Forget.” (There’s also a “modify” option, which mostly is a nice way to change the Wifi password saved on your device.)
- Turn on the OnePlus 3.
- Swipe down on the screen to open up the notification panel and select Settings.
- Browse to the Network connections section and then tap Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is off, select the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Select the required Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and select Forget
- The selected Wi-Fi network profile has been forgotten.
Disable the smart network switch on the OnePlus 3 and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your OnePlus 3 smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection of the OnePlus 3.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your OnePlus 3 with the router still upright.
- Now your OnePlus 3 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
Solve Slow WiFi on OnePlus 3
Another issues is the slow WiFi speed on the OnePlus 3 is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix OnePlus 3 WiFi problem.
How to fix slow wifi on OnePlus 3:
- Power off the OnePlus 3
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the OnePlus 3 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the OnePlus 3 with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
For those that have done everything they can to fix the slow Internet connection on the OnePlus 3, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.