OnePlus 3T Problems With WiFi (Solutions)
For those that own the new OnePlus smartphone, some have reported of the OnePlus 3T problem with WiFi. Some of these issues include a slow Wifi/weak Wifi connection, and that the WiFi changes from to data and forgetting a WiFi connection. Don’t worry, below we’ll explain how you can fix these WiFi problem on OnePlus 3T.
OnePlus 3T switches from WiFi to Data randomly
A common problem that is happening is that the OnePlus 3T WiFi connection changes from WiFi to data. The reason for this is because of the mobile data connection setting that is probably turned on your OnePlus 3T settings. This feature is called “Smart network switch” and it’ll automatically change from Wi-Fi to mobile data when you have a weak WiFi connection. But there’s a way to adjust this WiFi setting to help fix the OnePlus 3T WiFi problem.
Make sure WiFi is turned off on OnePlus 3T
It’s also possible that your OnePlus 3T is connected to a weak WiFi signal, and check to see if the WiFi disabled or turned OFF. Below are steps on how to check the Wi-Fi settings of OnePlus 3T:
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Tap on Menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Tap on Connections.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
You can also delete a Wifi network on the OnePlus 3T in case you either don’t use it anymore or type in the password wrong. From the home screen, open the settings menu and browse for WiFi option. Browse for the network that you want to delete and remove from your OnePlus 3T. Once you find the WiFi connection, long press it, and then select “Forget.”
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Swipe down on the screen to open up the notification panel and select Settings.
- Browse to the Network connections section and then tap Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is off, select the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Select the required Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and select Forget
- The selected Wi-Fi network profile has been forgotten.
Disable the smart network switch on the OnePlus 3T and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your smartphone with the router still upright.
- Now your smartphone will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
Solve Slow WiFi on OnePlus 3T
Another issues is the slow WiFi speed on the OnePlus 3T is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix OnePlus 3T WiFi problem.
How to fix slow wifi on OnePlus 3T:
- Power off your smartphone
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the phone will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the your smartphone with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
For those that have done everything they can to fix the slow Internet connection on the OnePlus 3T, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.