WiFi Not Working On Samsung Note 4 (Solved)
Some have reported that the WiFi not working on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Some of the problems noticed on the Galaxy Note 4 includes a slow Wifi/weak Wifi connection, WiFi switches to data automatically and the ability to forget a WiFi connection on the Note 4 is a problem. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix WiFi not working on the Samsung Note 4.
Make sure WiFi is turned off on Samsung Note 4
It’s very common that your Note 4 is still connected to a weak WiFi signal, and you should you check to make sure the WiFi disabled or turned OFF. The following will take you to the Wi-Fi settings of the Galaxy Note 4:
- Turn on the Note 4.
- Select on Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
Samsung Note 4 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
The way that the Galaxy Note 4 WiFi connection switches from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the Samsung Note 4. The name of this setting is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the Note 4 WiFi problem.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
To delete a saved Wifi network on the Note 4, go to the settings menu and look for the WiFi section. Browse for the network that you want to delete and remove from your Galaxy Note 4. Once you find the WiFi connection, long press it, and then select “Forget.” (There’s also a “modify” option, which mostly is a nice way to change the Wifi password saved on your device.)
- Turn on the Note 4.
- Swipe down on the screen to open up the notification panel and select Settings.
- Browse to the Network connections section and then tap Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is off, select the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Select the required Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and select Forget
- The selected Wi-Fi network profile has been forgotten.
Disable the smart network switch on the Samsung Note 4 and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your Note 4 smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection of the Samsung Note 4.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your Samsung Note 4 with the router still upright.
- Now your Samsung Note 4 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
Solve Slow WiFi on Note 4
Another issues is the slow WiFi speed on the Note 4 is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix Samsung Note 4 WiFi problem.
How to fix slow wifi on Samsung Note 4:
- Power off the Samsung Note 4
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the Note 4 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Note 4 with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
For those that have done everything they can to fix the slow Internet connection on the Samsung Note 4, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.