Adding Specific Ringtones On Apple iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus
Owners of the new iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus might be interested in knowing how they can add ringtones on their devices. The main reason why some are interested in this is to set a specific ringtone for an individual when calling or an alarm to notify them of a particular task. Below I’ll explain how you can set specific ringtones on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
How to set specific ringtones on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
The new iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus comes with an effective technology that makes it quite easy to add and create specific ringtones for individual contacts on your device. You can also set up and add specific ringtones for text messages also. Use the tips below to create custom ringtones:
- Click on iTunes and make sure you have the newest version.
- Choose the song you will to use and don’t forget that the song will play for 30 seconds.
- Set the start and stop duration for the song. You can do this by right-clicking on the song and clicking on Getting Info from the list.
- You can now create the AAC version of the song. To do this, you will need to the right click on the song and click on Create AAC version.
- Copy the new file and delete the old one.
- You will need to change the extension name of the file from “.m4a” to “.m4r.”
- Add the song to iTunes
- You can now sync your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- Select the song as a ringtone by going to the Settings app and clicking on Sounds and then Ringtone. You can now choose the song you want to use as a ringtone.
The above tips will let you know how you can add ringtones on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Other calls received on your phone will use the standard ringtone and the contacts you have created a ringtone for will use the set ringtone whenever the contact is calling you.
Creating a ringtone for a specific contact gives you a more personal experience with your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus making it easy for you to know who is calling without checking your phone.