How To Background App Refresh On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
Having the latest Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus is a great tool, especially now you can download more third-party apps. What you may not know is that these apps require access in the background of your phone, which will use your data from the wireless carrier you use. If you want to tweak the settings, to prevent this then you will want to know how to enable or disable the background data for only some of the apps on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. To do this just follow the steps listed below.
To Enable/Disable Background Data on Galaxy S9 only for Specific Apps…
- Start by going to the home screen
- Then tap on the app’s icon
- Now, open the settings menu
- You will then have to select the Data usage option.
- The next step is to find the app you want to edit in the list.
- When you have found the app, scroll for the option that says restrict background data.
- Finally, just tap the toggle switch to On (if you want the feature to enable) or to OFF (if you want the feature disabled).
To Enable/Disable Background Data on Galaxy S9 for All the Apps…
- Begin, by going to the Home screen
- Find the apps folder
- Then go to the settings app
- Now, go to the Data usage option
- Next, go to the upper right corner of your screen and tap the More option
- Lastly, tap the option that says Restrict Background Data
When you have done the steps above, you will prevent the background data from being used. If you want to re-enable the feature, all you need to do is follow the steps above. The only difference will be when you tap the option that says “Restrict background Data”, this will need to be Toggled.
Take note that when you restrict background data on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you will still have full functionality of the wireless connection on your Device.