Change Country In Google Play Store Account For Galaxy S9
It’s likely that you have tried to download an app from the Google Play of your Samsung Galaxy S9 and it has been reporting an error. Some owners of the new Samsung Galaxy S9 have complained that there are times when they will like to download a new app, but the Google Play will be reporting an error. It’s possible that the app you are trying to download is not available in your country.
Sometimes you will like to download a particular app because you can’t find an alternative, this can be frustrating, but there is no need to worry. There is a trick that you can use, which is to change your country in your Play Store account.
However, you should know that you will need to have a valid payment method and billing address of the new country before you can do this. Unfortunately, there is no trick that you can use to bypass these requirements because Google will use the billing address details to know your home country and allow you to have access to the app.
But there is no need to lose all hope because there are two methods that you can try and I will explain them in this article. Both methods have been proven effective, and you can use any one you prefer.
- You will need to provide your Google Wallet account details so that you can login and manage all the payment methods that you have there
- In case you have set up a payment method before, ensure that you remove everything from the list
- Provide the card details with a billing address of the country that you want to download from
- Return to Play Store
- Scroll to an app available in the country that you were using before
- Click on the Download icon
- An option will appear labeled Accept and Buy but do not click on it
- Exit your Play Store, and you can wipe the cache of your internet browser or wipe the app cache (You can do this by locating Settings in your Play Store, tap on Apps and click on the option named Clear Data)
- Open your Play Store again, and you should have the new payment billing country as the default payment method and billing address
An Alternative Method
- You will need to provide your Google Wallet account details and login
- Click on Settings
- Click on the option to change the Home Address
- Locate the Address Book option and delete the previously added address;
- A window will appear with the new terms and conditions for the new country, click on Accept
- Return to your Google Play Store
- Click on Settings and then scroll to Apps > Google Play Store
- Tap Clear Data
- Tap Clear Cache
- Your Google Play Store should now be set to the new billing country set as default payment option
That’s all you need to do to be able to download an app that you have been finding it difficult to download before, by changing the existing payment method and billing to that of another country, Google will give you access to apps that are available in the country.