How to Change Your Email on the Ring Doorbell
Many people are wondering whether or not they can change their Ring Doorbell email using the Ring app. Ring Doorbell devices are truly amazing, but they have some serious flaws. They are devices with an accent on security, and there are still some issues there.
You can’t really change your email using the app, despite the fact users have been asking for this feature for years. The official statement from the Ring’s support page informed their users this is not possible. The statement was released more than two years ago and this issue is still not addressed.
Can You Change Your Email on the Ring Doorbell?
You can relax, the answer is yes. If your email is compromised, you stopped using it, forgot the password, etc. there is a way to change your email on the Ring Doorbell. All that you need to do is contact the official Ring community support.
You can use this link to do so. On this page, you can choose to chat with the support using a ticket system. First, you will be offered with some common problem solutions, but in this case, it won’t help you. How to use the chat option:
- So, you should write up your question (e.g. could you please help me change my Ring Doorbell email?) and click on I still Need Help (submit my question).
- Then, a chat window will pop up, where you can choose a specific Ring team you want to contact. You should select the Troubleshooting and First Time Setup option.
- Next, choose Doorbells, Security Cameras, Smart Lighting, and Accessories.
- Ironically, you will be asked to give out your email address to the support team. Use the email you have access to, not the old one which is compromised. Type it out and press enter to send.
Further communication with the support team will go through email correspondence. Ring support members should contact you soon and help you change your Ring Doorbell email address.
You Can Always Call Ring Support
Besides the text chat option and email support, you can also call Ring representatives all over the world. This option is great for people who are not that tech-savvy or used to computers and the internet.
Using the same link to get to the official Ring support page, click on Call Us. You will see a bunch of numbers for many different countries. If you can’t find your country on the list, simply use the worldwide number, and hopefully, it won’t be busy.
Logically, if you are calling a specific country number, like Germany, you should be able to talk with support in your native language. For the worldwide call, you will most likely need to have a conversation in English.
Get Support Directly at the Ring Store
If everything fails, you can always visit an actual Ring store, if there is one near you. The best way to find a store nearby is again using the internet. Use google maps and discover a store near you.
If you find one, go ahead and talk to the store manager or employee about changing your Ring Doorbell email address. Surely, they will help you with this issue and change your email address in no time.
How to Change the Password on the Ring Doorbell
Many people that want to change the Ring Doorbell email, want to change the password as well. Changing all passwords from time to time is good for your security. You should change your important passwords at least once a year, if not even more often.
Unlike the email, Ring Doorbell’s password can be changed within the Ring app. Download the app if you haven’t already (works on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac devices) and follow these steps:
- Open the Ring app on your device.
- Click on the side menu (three lines).
- Select Account, and then Change Password.
- Then type in your current password, your new password, and confirm the new password.
- That’s it, you re all set. Remember that the password needs to consist of eight numbers or letters, without other special characters.
Now you know how to change your Ring Doorbell password and email. Remember to write down your new password and email so you don’t forget them. You don’t need to change your email at all afterward, but it is smart to change the password sometimes.
This will make security breaches less likely to occur. Do you have any additional thoughts or comments? Post away in the comment section.