How to Change Your Payment Method on CBS All Access
Have you recently changed your bank? Or maybe your address? Any time you change a credit card or a billing address, it’s essential to update the payment method. Updating the payment preference on CBS All Access is relatively simple if you follow the steps we’ll cover in this guide.
Changing CBS All Access Payment Method
The steps to updating the payment method on CBS All Access vary depending on the device you used for subscription. For instance, some clients prefer a third-party, such as Roku, Amazon, or they use CBS All Access on their computers. To solve this problem, find the steps below specific to your case.
Users who subscribed to CBS All Access via their computer should click on this link. Then, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Tap the menu on the top left corner.
- Hit your name and then ‘Account.’
- Scroll down until you see ‘Edit Billing/Payment Information.’
- Click on it and update the payment method.
- Finally, hit ‘Save’ to finish.
Note: The steps are also going to be the same if you want to do this on your smartphone.
If you’re using an Android device, or a tablet and Google Play, to sign in to CBS All Access and want to change your payment method, here’s what you should do:
- On the preferred Android device, launch ‘Google Play.’
- Hit ‘Menu’ and then ‘Payment Methods.’
- Under it, you should see ‘More Payment Settings.’
- Tap on the payment method you need to update and click on ‘Edit.’
- Write new information and finish by hitting ‘Update.’
Some users prefer to use the Amazon Fire TV and a FireStick to navigate through CBS All Access. If you’re one of them and have recently changed your credit card, here’s what you can do to update this information:
- Go to your Amazon account.
- Select ‘Payment Options.’
- To change the payment method, click on ‘Your Credit and Debit Cards.’
- Then, click on ‘Remove’ to delete the current payment method.
- Next, tap on ‘Edit’ to update your information.
- Finally, there will be on-screen instructions, so make sure to follow them to finish the process.
Note: There’s an option to add another credit card as a payment method. If you want to do this, look at the steps below:
- Go to the Amazon account.
- Click on ‘Payment Options.’
- Tap on ‘Add a Card.’
- Follow the instructions.
Roku is another popular way of streaming CBS All Access. To update a credit card, this is what you need to do:
- Click on this link to sign in to your Roku account.
- Then, look for ‘Payment Method.’
- Under it, click on ‘Update.’
- Write new information.
- Tap on ‘Submit.’
iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV
Those who have signed in to CBS All Access through an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV should follow the method below to update their credit card details:
- On the device, tap on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Scroll down to ‘iTunes and App Store.’
- Click on ‘Apple ID’ and then hit ‘View Apple ID.’
- Sign in if you’re prompted to do so.
- Tap on ‘Manage Payment’ and update your information.
Upgrading to Commercial Free Subscription
Now that you’ve updated your credit card details, it would be worthwhile to consider updating to a Commercial Free subscription. Although pricier, it removes ads from content that users watch. Without further ado, here are the steps required:
Computers and Smartphones
If you’re using a computer or a smartphone to access CBS All Access, follow the steps below to upgrade to the Commercial Free subscription:
- Sign in to your CBS All Access account here.
- Tap on your profile icon on the upper right corner.
- Then, click on ‘Account.’
- Scroll down to ‘Subscription and Billing.’
- Here, click on ‘Upgrade,’ and then ‘Plan.’
- Select ‘Commercial Free.’
- End by clicking on ‘Switch Plan.’
- You’ll then see a message confirming you’ve successfully upgraded to a new plan.
Those using Roku should do the following:
- On the Roku home screen, find ‘Settings.’
- Then, go to ‘My Account.’ Here, look for ‘Upgrade.’
- Roku will automatically display the new CBS All Access subscription cost.
Amazon Fire TV
To upgrade CBS All Access subscription to Commercial Free on Amazon Fire TV, this is what you must do:
- Look for the menu on Amazon Fire.
- Tap on ‘Settings,’ and then ‘Manage Account.’
- Select ‘CBS All Access.’
- Then, click on ‘Commercial Free.’
iPhone and iPad
If you’re using an iPhone or an iPad to sign in to CBS All Access, do the following to change the subscription:
- Grab a device and go to ‘Settings.’
- Then, hit your name on the top part of the screen.
- Click on ‘Subscriptions.’
- Choose ‘CBS All Access’ and hit ‘Commercial Free.’
- You might need to type in your Apple ID password to finish the process.
Updating Payment Method and Subscription Plan on CBS All Access
If you’ve recently changed your credit card, it’s important to update all your new information on CBS All Access. Doing so is relatively simple if you carefully follow the steps listed above.
Moreover, it’s possible to update to a ‘Commercial Free’ plan and watch content without commercials. How about you? Have you had any issues changing your payment method? Do you think it’s worth upgrading to a ‘Commercial Free’ plan? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.