Change your Apple ID
If you want to change your Apple ID, you need to first change your email address that you use for your current Apple ID. Generally, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account. This is why you need to change your current Apple ID to the new email address that you want to use for your Apple ID. By changing your Apple ID to any other email that you have control over you now have a new Apple ID. You can use any type of email you want for your Apple ID, but it can’t end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Apple device, then make sure to check out Logitech’s Harmony Home Hub, Olloclip’s 4-in-1 lens for iPhone, Mophie’s iPhone juice pack and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband to have the ultimate experience with your Apple device.
Steps to change your Apple ID:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- You need to sign out of the following accounts; iCloud, the iTunes Store, App Store, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, and iMessage on each device that uses your current Apple ID for these services. All accounts that use your current Apple ID need to be signed out of.
- Go to My Apple ID.
- On the screen you’ll see an option to “Manage your Apple ID and sign in”. If you forgot your Apple ID password go here.
- Select Edit next to Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
- Now enter the new email address to use as your Apple ID.
- Then select Save Changes. Apple will send a verification email to that address.
- Once you receive the email from Apple, select Verify Now.
- When the My Apple ID page opens, sign in with your new Apple ID email address and password. When you see a message that verification is complete, you can start using your updated Apple ID.
- Remember to update the features and services that you use with Apple ID.
Learn how to use and manage your Apple ID.
Below is a YouTube video on how you can find you Apple ID: