How To Check For Android Updates On Galaxy S9 (Firmware And Software)
Most Samsung Galaxy S9 owners are happy with their phones. However, much like any other smartphone, this Samsung line comes with a few glitches.
No worries, Samsung users. Samsung S9 owners are in for a treat, as Samsung constantly develops firmware updates to solve most of the daily issues users are going through.
These software updates allow Samsung Galaxy S9 users to check for current Android updates. Here, we’ll show you how you can access these updates whenever they are available so that you can make sure that your phone remains glitch-free.
How to Check for Android Firmware Updates
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S9 on
- From the home screen, tap on the Menu page
- Find and select Settings
- Scroll down until you find About Device
- You will find the Software Updates option at the top of the screen
- Click on the list and look for any firmware update. When ready, select “Update Now”
- If the updated version is available, it will be downloaded and installed right away
Finding the Latest Version of Firmware for the Galaxy S9
SamMobile will help you find the most updated firmware versions for Samsung Galaxy S9. The website is constantly updated and you can be sure that you will find the latest firmware news with SamMobile.
If, however, you have a rooted device, take note that you will no longer receive official and direct update notifications from Samsung. If your device has been rooted, you will have to look for firmware updates regularly on your own.
To know which version of firmware your device is on, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Tap and go to your Settings Menu
- Tap About Device
- Select Build Number
- You may also know the current firmware status of your device by dialing * # 1234 # call
Now, with these steps, you can access firmware updates if your phone is facing some technical issues.