How To Connect Samsung Galaxy S7 To A Computer
If you wish to know how to connect a Samsung Galaxy S7 to a computer, this guide will help you do that. It’s not hard to connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 to a computer directly. You may need a USB-C to USB adapter if you have a newer Mac, but otherwise all you’ll need is a USB cable. Doing this will allow you to transfer files such as music, photos, and videos between your Samsung Galaxy S7 and your computer.
File Formats Supported By Samsung Galaxy S7
Before transferring files from your PC to your Samsung Galaxy S7, it is important to note which files can be played by your phone by default. The following are the file formats supported by your Samsung Galaxy S7. If these are the kinds of files transferred to your phone, you will have no trouble playing them. Luckily, the list of file formats your Galaxy S7 can play is pretty extensive, but it never hurts to double-check.
The following video formats can be played by your phone’s default video player: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM, with resolution UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 30 fps.
The following audio formats can be played by your phone’s default audio player: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA.
Steps In Connecting Your Samsung Galaxy S7 To A PC
- Download and install the USB drivers on your computer if you have a Windows PC. If you own a Mac, there is no need to install any software.
- Connect the Galaxy S7 to a computer with a USB cable. If you have a newer Mac, you’re going to need a USB-C to USB adapter. If you go for an off-brand one, you can get it for less than $10.
- A window will show up on the Galaxy S7 phone screen that says Connected as media device.
- Drag the notification area down, and select Transferring media files.
For Windows users, your Samsung Galaxy S7 will now be visible under Computer, further nested under Portable Devices. You can browse through your phone’s files here like you would in any other file explorer on your computer.
This is the procedure if you wish to transfer files between your phone and computer. For other purposes, select from the other options: Transferring images, Software installation, Connecting MIDI devices, or Charging.
- How to hide photos on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix WiFi problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix slow Internet speed on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix black screen problem on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge to a TV
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge wireless charging not working
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that gets hot