Create Alarm On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
In case you didn’t notice so far, the alarm clock on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is not just an alarm. That’s why you’re probably confused the first time you launch it and you bump into so many options that you didn’t even expect to find in there.
Sure, you have the alarm clock, but you also have a stopwatch, a timer, and even a world clock menu. And the alarm clock itself comes with quite a few options that it looks you could use some help, especially if it’s your first time using this app.
So, this tutorial will show you how to set up an alarm clock when using the built-in clock widget for Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Read on and you’ll also discover your options in terms of editing alarms that you already created or even deleting alarms that you no longer need. All that and, of course, the popular snooze feature that you’re probably curious of.
In a nutshell, here are the exact steps you would have to follow to create an alarm on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- First, launch the clock widget and access its Alarm section;
- Go to the Home screen;
- Tap on the Apps icon;
- Select the Clocks app;
- Select the Alarm option from its menu;
- Create a new alarm by tapping on the ADD button;
- Select an alarm time by sliding your finger, up or down, to set up the hour and the minutes of the alarm clock;
- Select the days when you want this alarm to repeat;
- Right under the Clock window, there’s a Repeat field where you can tap on the specific days, Sunday to Saturday;
- Select the tone of the alarm;
- Right under the Repeat field there’s an OPTIONS button;
- Tap on it and you’ll get to an extended list of alarm options:
- Alarm type – sound, vibrate, sound & vibrate;
- Alarm volume – with a dedicated slider that you can move left to right;
- Alarm tone – where you can select your favorite tone;
- Alarm snooze – where you can select the feature as On/Off and choose the interval (5, 10, 15, 30 minutes) and the repeat (3, 5, or continuously);
- Alarm name – where you can type in the desired name and then hit the OK button;
- Hit the SAVE button when you’re done configuring all these options;
- Use the Home key to get back to the Home screen.
With all these options at hand, you can set up a couple of different alarms on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. Once you do that, weekday or weekend, you should never again worry about waking up too late.