How to Use Amazon Echo Buds with Your Apple Watch
Are you excited about the new Echo Buds? They are a serious competitor to Apple Air Pods. One of the most significant advantages of Amazon’s smart Echo Buds is that they play along with other assistants too. Besides Alexa, you can also use Siri and Google Assistant.
That means that you can use Echo Buds on Android phones, iPhones, but also with other smart devices such as the Apple Watch. You need the Alexa app for any of this to work, so a device like Apple Watch will need some support from your iPhone.
Keep reading for more details on the matter.
How to Pair Echo Buds with Apple Watch (and Other Devices)
The reason why Echo Buds are so great is that they work across all platforms. They don’t have any restrictions for Android or iOS devices. That makes them an attractive choice, especially compared to the Apple Airpods that only work with Siri.
You can use Echo Buds with Alexa hands-free, without touching a button. However, for Google Assistant and Siri, you have to use the tap to access the button. Alexa can be activated this way, too, if you prefer.
Without much further ado, here is how to pair Echo buds to any Bluetooth device, including the Apple Watch:
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your iPhone or Android phone. Just follow the download link for the official Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, if you don’t have the app already. Use the same link to update the app on your device.
- Again, you’ll need your iPhone if you want to connect your Apple Watch with the Echo Buds. Unfortunately, Apple Watches don’t work with Android devices. Enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Open the Echo Buds charging case and press the button at the front. Hold it for three seconds. When the light on the case turns blue and starts flashing, it means that your Echo Buds are ready to connect. Don’t forget to keep your Echo Buds in the case. Otherwise, the pairing won’t work.
- When the light turns blue, take the Echo Buds out of the case and put them in your ears.
- On your iPhone (or another device, if you are not here for the Apple Watch instructions), go to the Bluetooth settings and find the Echo Buds on the list of available devices. Pair your device with the Echo Buds.
Now that the Echo Buds are paired with your iPhone, your Apple Watch will work with them too. However, you’ll need to pair the watch with your iPhone. You can’t connect it directly with the buds. You can, however, connect computers, phones, and tablets straight to your Echo Buds.
How to Activate Voice Assistants (Google, Siri, Alexa) on Echo Buds
Echo Buds offer a lot of customization options, which is a great thing. Within the Alexa app, you can customize them to your liking and toy around with the features. You can set up the touch activation (there’s a circle on each of the buds) to activate Siri or Google Assistant.
You can opt for Google Assistant or Siri if you are used to them, or you prefer them over Alexa. However, you can’t activate them via voice, and that’s why Alexa is the best choice. That’s not a subjective opinion, but rather a fact because Alexa offers more flexibility.
It makes sense that Amazon made Siri the obvious best choice, and you can’t blame them. To activate Siri and Google Assistant, tap the button (after you’ve customized it) and say “Hey Siri” or “Hey Google.” After the assistant is activated, you can use a range of voice commands to enhance your listening experience.
What Do Echo Buds Have to Offer?
Echo Buds bring a lot to the table, considering their reasonable price. If they go on sale during the holidays, which they probably will, they will be a steal. Echo Buds look very elegant, but they don’t stand out.
They only come in black, and they don’t have the signature Echo LED lights. There are no actual physical buttons on the Echo Buds; there’s only a touch-sensitive circle on each bud. Unfortunately, there are no volume control buttons on these buds.
There are three sizes of bud tips, which means that Echo Buds fit just about anyone. These buds are also sweat and water-resistant, which is excellent if you are taking them outside. The battery is solid, as you can listen to the music for about five hours before it completely drains.
The case has about 20 hours of listening time to give, which is not bad. Unfortunately, the charging is not wireless, and it requires a micro-USB (included with purchase).
The best feature, however, is the BOSE noise-cancelation system. Echo Buds don’t offer the premium noise-canceling feats of over-the-ear headphones, but they are pretty close. For wireless earbuds, that’s quite impressive, especially at this price point.
Amazon Does It Again
It seems that Amazon has outdone itself once more. The new Echo Buds offer a lot of cool features, impressive connectivity with all Bluetooth devices (including Apple products like Apple Watch), and even competitor voice assistants.
Noise cancelation is the most welcome surprise in our book. What is your favorite Echo Buds feature? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.