The Amazon Echo can be as simple as a neat toy to play music while you do other things or it can be the hub of an entire smart home. Much depends on what you connect it to and how much patience you have to configure everything. If you’re in the second camp, the list of Amazon Echo compatible devices is long and getting longer.
If you’re searching for gift ideas this holiday season, you’ve come to the right place! Santa Claus enjoys making tech-loving family and friends happy with just a little bit of help from the writers here at TechJunkie.
I have collated what I think is a reasonably comprehensive list of Amazon Echo and Alexa compatible devices to date. It includes everything from home hubs to smart lighting and everything in between.
For our first list, let us outline the full range of Echo and Alexa devices, which is an ever-growing list:
- Amazon Echo Show
- Amazon Echo Spot
- Amazon Echo Dot
- Amazon Tap
- Amazon Echo Look
- Amazon Echo Connect
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Fire HD Tablet
- Echo Wall Clock
- Echo Glow – Multicolor smart lamp for kids
At the time of writing, December of 2019, this is the range of Echo devices along with a couple of Alexa-compatible ones too.
List of Amazon Echo compatible devices
The list of Amazon Echo compatible devices is now quite long. The more Echo that is sold, the more manufacturers want a piece of that pie. Amazon’s page of over 3,000 Alexa compatible devices. I won’t bore you with the entire list here but this link takes you to the page.
Here’s are some highlights of the list:
- Samsung SmartThings Hub
- Logitech Harmony Home Hub
- Hive Home Hub
- Energenie Home Gateway
- Philips Hue Home Automation Smart Bridge
- Wink Hub
- Insteon Hub
- com Hub
- Vivint Hub
- Nexia Home Intelligence Bridge
- HomeSeer Home Controllers
- Simple Control Simple Hub
Home hubs integrate with Amazon Echo to provide the brains behind a smart home. Many of the following products may require connecting to a home hub instead of directly to the Echo.
Smart Lightbulbs, Smart Plugs and Kits
- Smart WiFi Light Bulb, LED RGB Color Changing – This cool light bulb has been a top seller this season.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub and Outlet Kit
- Philips Hue Starter Kit
- Philips Hue Go
- Insteon Starter Kit
- LIFX White 800
- LIFX Color 1000
- TP-Link Smart Switch
- Belkin WiFi Enabled Wemo Light Switch
- Haiku Home L Series WiFi Enabled Fan
- Insteon SwitchLinc
- Sylvania Lightify
- Insteon LED Bulb
- Wemo Smart Plug
- Energenie Remote Control Sockets
- Ecobee Smart Light Switch
- iDevices Instinct Light Switch
- Philips Hue Smart Switch
- Philips Hue Smart Dimmer Switch
- Aneken Smart Plug
- Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link – This quality smart plug now at a 30% discount, Kasa smart plugs are selling like hotcakes.GE
- Lighting C by GE Sol
- Hive Active Plug
- TP-Link Smart Plug
- Samsung SmartThings Outlet
- GE Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, and Outlets
- Schlage Z-Wave
- Leviton FR Plug
- iHome WiFi Smart Plug
- Osram Lightify Smart Bulb
- Osram Lightify Starter Kit
- Hive Active Lights
- LOHAS Smart LED Wi-Fi Bulb
- Cree Connected LED
- TCP Connected Smart Bulbs
- Eufy Lumos Smart Bulbs
- Nanoleaf Aurora
Smart home kits, sockets, and lights are an excellent way to start your smart home integration with Amazon Echo and Alexa. Some work directly with Alexa while others will need connecting via a home hub. Check each product individually to see which is which.
- Heimvision HM205 1080P Security Camera – At $29.99 and a 10% discount, these are useful as a security camera or as a baby monitor.
- Netgear Arlo Smart Home 2 HD Security Camera Kit
- Philips Hue Smart Motion Sensor
- Yale Keyless Smart Door Lock with Z-Wave Module
- Logitech Circle 2 Outdoor Home Security Camera
- Nest Protect Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Ring Video Doorbell 2
- ANNKE Nova S Security Camera
- Netgear Arlo Baby Monitoring Camera
- Rachio Smart Sprinkler
- August Smart Lock
- August Connect
- Garageio: Garage Door Control
- Skybell HD WiFi Doorbell Camera
- Scout Alarm
Smart home security has come a long way and now provides real-life protection for your property. From smart CCTV to doorbells that call your phone if you’re not home, there is something here for every situation.
- Honeywell Lyric T6 Smart Internet-enabled Thermostat
- Tado Smart Thermostat Starter Kit v3
- Netatmo Smart Thermostat
- Nest Learning Thermostat 3
- ecobee3 WiFi Thermostat
- Hive Active Heating
- Honeywell 7-day Programmable Thermostat
- Honeywell Lyric Round Thermostat
- SALUS IT500 Internet Controlled Thermostat
- TRANE Nexia Home Intelligence
- INSTEON Thermostat
Smart thermostats can be intelligently programmed or controlled on the fly directly or through Alexa. They can also integrate into a more involved smart home should you need them to.
Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Robotic vacuum cleaners have gotten more effective at vacuuming the floor, making these labor-saving devices a hot git choice for the 2019 season.
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 601 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Amazon Certified: Works with Alexa)
- 360 Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
- Ecovacs DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (Amazon choice)
- Sonos One Voice-Controlled Smart Speaker
- Sonos Play 1, 3 and Play 5
- iHome iAVS16 Alexa Bedside Speaker System
- Invoxia Triby
- Garmin Speak Dash Cam
- Haiku Home Ceiling Fans
- Keen Home Smart Vents
- ChefSteps Joule
- GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub
- Ooma Telo
- Neato Botvac Connected
These other devices can work independently like the BotVac or in your car like Garageio. However or wherever they work, they can talk to Alexa for more intelligent use.
Do you have any favorite Echo, Echo Dot, Alexa compatible devices you’d like to recommend? If so, please tell us about it in the comments below!