How to Evolve Eevee in Pokémon Go
Now that you know how to hatch your eggs faster, let’s move on to in-game evolution. We chose to evolve one of our Eevee yesterday in Pokémon Go. Then, we learned about a little secret that we’ll let you in on in just a minute. We got our Eevee to evolve into a Flareon. (Sweet!) What we learned was you can finesse the Eevee evolution into two other types besides the fire-type Flareon. You can also get a water-type Vaporeon or a lightening-type Jolteon.
Want in on the secret? Well, get ready, because we’re going to tell you what to do to try and get your Eevee to evolve into your desired form. Most of the time it’s successful, and we’re testing the theory too. We just need to get some more Eevee and Eevee candy to evolve our current ones.
Use These Names for Your Eevee
Once you’re in the Pokémon Go app, you’ll want to rename your Eevee(s). Here’s how you do that:
- Tap on the Pokeball in the bottom middle of your screen.
- Next, tap where it says “Pokémon” and has an image of Pikachu.
- Find your Eevee(s) and rename three of them to the following names.
- Tap on the pencil icon next to the name Eevee (or any Pokemon) to edit its name.
- Use the name “Rainer” to turn your Eevee into a water-type Vaporeon.
- Use the name “Sparky” to turn your Eevee into a lightening-type Jolteon.
- Use the name “Pyro” to turn your Eevee into a fire-type Flareon.
- Close the app, then reopen it find the Eevee(s) you’ve renamed and see if it stuck. Check and make sure your name changes have taken effect.
This isn’t a foolproof way to get what you want, because it’s just like the unpredictability of Pokémon Go’s servers—at times it could work and at others it may not. The other thing to do if you’re feeling random is to evolve your Eevee and see what Pokémon Go gives you.
The thought out there is that these are the three names of the Eevee brothers from the Pokémon cartoon series. The three brothers make an appearance in episode forty and those are the Eevee evolutions they’ve chosen for their Eevees.
As of now, only these three Eevee evolutions are available—Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon. They are from the Kanto region and Red, Blue, and Yellow are the only entries in the Pokedex as of right now. Hopefully, we’ll see that expand as the game evolves, so to speak. After all, there are five more forms that Eevee may take, and those would be awesome to see included in Pokémon Go. To advance your gameplay, we also recommend that you take our Pokémon Go tips about how to level up faster.