Fix HTC One M9 WiFi Connection Ends And Connects To Data
The HTC One M9 and HTC One M9 Plus have been reported to be have a problem with the WiFi connection that gets terminated and automatically switch to the phones Internet. A common issue that makes the WiFi connection dies is because of a weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect the HTC One M9 to the Internet. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the connection ends, this can be a frustrating problem and we’ll explain below two ways that you can fix this issue.
The method behind the HTC One M9 WiFi connection switch from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the HTC One M9 and HTC One M9 Plus. This settings is called “Smart network switch” and was created on the HTC One M9 to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as 4G and LTE to create a stable network connection all the time for the smartphone. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the HTC One M9 WiFi problem.
The following is the best way to disable the smart network switch on the HTC One M9 and fix the WiFi problem:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Turn on your HTC One M9 and HTC One M9 Plus smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection of the HTC One M9.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your HTC One M9 with the router still upright.
- Now your HTC One M9 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile internet.
In most cases, the above method will fix the WiFi problem. But if for some reason the HTC One M9 WiFi connection gets terminated and changes to the phones data, running a“wipe cache partition” should fix the WiF issue. This method deletes no data from the HTC One M9. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and safe. You can perform the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function over the Android recovery mode. The instructions below will help Wipe Cache on the HTC One M9
Solve the wifi issue on HTC One M9:
- Power off the HTC One M9.
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time.
- After some seconds, the HTC One M9 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started.
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it.
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the HTC One M9 with “reboot system now”.