Forgot Pattern Lock On Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus (Solution)
The Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus are both very secure smartphones, but forgetting the pattern lock is a common issue that users have. It’s a hazard of being human; you’re going to forget things, even when it’s very inconvenient. One way to circumvent the password is to perform a hard factory reset on your Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, which will delete all your data and files on your smartphone. You’ll need to set everything up again as you did when you got the device, including the password.
Performing a hard factory reset might not be so bad if you have your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus backed up. However, if you don’t have a backup then we have gathered up a couple different methods for resetting the lock code on the Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus when you are locked out. This guide below will prevent the loss of your files and data with two different ways to reset your lock screen password without needing to erase any data. If those options aren’t available to you, though, then we’ve also given instructions on how to factory reset your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
Resetting Password with Factory Reset
- Start by holding down the Power button to turn off your smartphone and get it into Recovery Mode.
- Wait until you see the Android icon.
- Now use the Volume Down button to highlight wipe data/ factory reset and then press the Power button to select that option.
- Once the Galaxy S9 has restarted, all the data on your phone will be wiped and ready to set up again.
There is another method to factory reset the Galaxy S9 Plus. However, it’s important to make sure to backup your smartphone to prevent data loss before you trigger the factory reset. A factory reset will erase all of the data on the phone, returning it to the state it was in when it was fresh out of the packaging.
Use Samsung’s Find my Mobile to Reset Password
Samsung has a feature similar to Apple’s Find My iPhone that you can use called Find My Mobile. The Remote Control feature allows the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus to temporarily reset the password on your Galaxy S9, thus allowing you to bypass the lock screen on your smartphone. This method will only work if your smartphone is registered, though, so if it is not then you should do it as soon as possible before you actually need to use the service. If your phone is registered, then the steps to get past your lock screen are as follows:
- Start by registering your phone with Samsung.
- Then use the Find My Mobile feature to temporarily reset the password.
- Now bypass the lock screen with your new temporary password, as you would with a standard password.
- Lastly, set a new password.
Resetting Password with Android Device Manager
If you already registered your phone with Android Device manager, you’ll have another way to reset the password. Android Device Manager has a “Lock” feature that lets you reset the password when you’ve forgotten it. To do this follow the steps below.
- Start by using a computer to access the Android Device Manager.
- Then locate your Galaxy S9 on the screen.
- Turn on Lock & Erase.
- Follow the steps on screen.
- You’ll create a password to be used temporarily during the recovery process.
- Use the temporary password you just created in the box on the phone screen to get past the lock screen.
- Finally, create a new permanent password.