Forgot Pin Password On OnePlus 3 (Solution)
It’s very common to forget the password on your OnePlus 3. Many solutions to reset the password on the OnePlus 3 require to complete a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their OnePlus 3 backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the OnePlus 3 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the OnePlus 3 when you get locked out.
OnePlus 3 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the OnePlus 3.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the OnePlus 3 has rebooted, then use the Powerbutton to select it.
- When the OnePlus 3 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the OnePlus 3. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the OnePlus 3, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
OnePlus 3 Reset Password with OnePlus Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use OnePlus’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your OnePlus 3 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the OnePlus 3. If you have not already registered the OnePlus 3 with OnePlus, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the OnePlus 3 with OnePlus
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
OnePlus 3 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
Another solution to reset the password on the OnePlus 3 is for those that have already registered their OnePlus 3 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the OnePlus 3 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the OnePlus 3.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your OnePlus 3 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your OnePlus 3
- Create a new password