Forgot Pin Password On OnePlus 5 (Solution)
Mobile devices are vital parts of our daily lives, and they contain private messages, content, photos, or other essential data that it would be a shame for anyone to lose. However, sometimes we may forget our passwords for things, and that can include your OnePlus 5. While straining to remember your password is certainly an option, it’s not guaranteed to work out in your favor.
The most common solution is to perform a hard factory reset, but this method can delete essential data and files from your phone, and no one wants that. In this article, we’ve compiled a couple different ways to reset the password on the device when locked out without having to lose files or data for those that don’t have their OnePlus 5 backed up recently.
Below we’ll be explaining two different methods that will allow you to reset the password on your OnePlus 5 when locked out without needing to do a factory reset, as well as the steps for how to perform a factory reset if it seems to be your best option.
Reset Password on OnePlus 5 with Factory Reset
First of all, this is how you perform a factory reset for your OnePlus 5. It’s the most straightforward method, though it’s not the most ideal if you haven’t been able to back up your OnePlus 5 recently.
- Turn off your OnePlus 5
- At the same time, hold the Home, Volume, and Power buttons until you see the Android icon
- Go to the ‘factory reset/ Clear data’ option using the volume button to navigate, and hit the power button to select it
- Now highlight the option that says ‘Yes, delete or remove all user data’ using the volume button and select it using the power button
- The OnePlus 5 will reboot
- When your phone has rebooted, everything will be wiped and ready to set up again, including a new password
It’s essential to backup all files and information before you go to do a factory reset on the OnePlus 5 to make sure you don’t lose anything important.
OnePlus 5 Password Reset on OnePlus Find My Mobile
Another option that you can use to fix a forgotten password is using Find My Mobile (also known as Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone from Apple. This setting has a “Remote Controls” feature on your OnePlus 5 that will allow you to bypass the lock screen and temporarily reset the password. Try to register your OnePlus 5 with OnePlus as soon as possible if you have not already.
- Register your OnePlus 5 with Find My Mobile
- You can get the temporary password for the reset process using the Find My Mobile service
- You’ll be able to bypass the lock screen with that temporary password
- Once you’ve bypassed the lock screen, you’ll be able to create a new password
OnePlus 5 Password Reset on Android Device Manager
Using the software called Android Device Manager is another solution to reset the password on the OnePlus 5, at least for people who have already registered their OnePlus 5 with this software. Once you’ve registered, to reset the password on your OnePlus 5 you just turn on the “Lock” setting. The “Lock” feature on the Android Device Manager will help reset the password on your OnePlus 5 when you’ve forgotten it. Follow the guide below to learn how to reset the password on your OnePlus 5 using the Android Device Manager:
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to the computer
- Go to the Android Device Manager from your computer
- Find and select your OnePlus 5 on the screen
- Enable the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Follow the guides on the screen to set a temporary password
- Enter your temporary password into your OnePlus 5 to bypass the lock screen
- Create a new password for your phone