Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: How To Find IMEI Serial Number
The full meaning of IMEI is international Mobile Equipment Identity. It is important for the identification of the Smartphone. When Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus gets lost, the IMEI number will be used to find the phone.
For the new owners, it is good to have the number written down because this number is a proof of ownership of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. There are three known methods that can be used to find the IMEI number of you Galaxy S8 Plus which incorporate:
Find out the IMEI via the Android System
To retrieve the IMEI of Galaxy S8 you have to;
- Be assured that Galaxy S8 is switched on.
- Find settings on the home screen
- Click on “device information.” And then you will see the details of your Galaxy S8 Plus information and one of them is the IMEI.
IMEI on the Packaging of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
This is the simplest way to find out the IMEI number of your device. In most cases, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus usually comes with an official package with some vital information but most of the buyers are always excited with the smartphone and they throw away the package with the information. One of the information that is on the packaging is the Serial number of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Take your time to read it and you will be able to see the IMEI number.
Show IMEI via Service code
Using a service code is another way to get to know your Galaxy S8 Plus IMEI. Follow the following procedure to get the IMEI:
- Turn on the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Scroll for the phone App.
- Go to the Dialer
- Key in the following digits,*#06#.You do not need to press the “OK” button the digits representing the IMEI will just come up.