Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: How to Use Headset Controls
When you take your new Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus out of the box, you notice you also have a headset that comes with it. But do you ever use it? And if you do, are you aware of all the options you have at hand? Read on and find out if there is any headset control that you’ve been missing so far.
Galaxy S8 headset controls overview:
The dedicated headset of your new smartphone has only three buttons: Volume Up and Volume Down, plus a Select button.
With the latter, you will be able to:
- Activate and use the Google Search feature;
- Control the music that you have stored on the device while you’re listening to it;
- Pick up or hang up on calls without having to take the phone out of the pocket and use the touchscreen.
If you want to use the voice commands…
Suffices to press and hold on that dedicated Select button until you actually bring up the Google Search feature. Once you do that, there’s really no limit to the voice commands that you can use. Whatever Google supports, you should be able to use through this Select key of the headset.
Feel free to use it with orders such as:
- Open Camera;
- Check weather;
- Navigate home;
- Call mother;
- Check for missed calls;
…and many others!
Basically, the Google Search is capable of understanding your keywords from any sentence. As you try it out, you will discover the best formulation for your most important voice commands.
If you want to control the music…
You should be able to do it from the majority of music apps that work on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. Here are the actual options:
- When music is playing, press Select once to stop it;
- When music is paused, press Select once to start it back;
- When the music is playing, use the Volume Up and the Volume Down keys to adjust the volume;
- When the music is playing, double-press on the Select key to skip to the next song;
- When the music is playing, triple-press on the Select key to go backwards and play the previous track once again.
And the best part? These options work even when you’re in another app or active window!
If you want to control your voice calls…
Simply tap the Select key once if you want to answer a call or if you want to hang up.
Now that you have accustomed with this Galaxy S8 headset, you should know that you can always try third-party models that can do pretty much the same things with the same commands. So don’t blame yourself too much if you ever lose the headset!